Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

li7039

Mission Magnesium Hockey Frames

Thanks

i read the the hummer would not fit. What would have to be done to the skate to make a hummer fit. Lift pad between the boot and the frames

dremel out a groove for the bigger front wheels. tours are sold like this out of the box

max-700.jpg

look at the top right

will that cause harm to the boot, and will that void the warrenty ( sp )

removing the original holder and mounting any other frame(inline or ice) voids the warranty of the skate period. It would fit on the XXXX fine, I don't know about the one90.

As soon as you remove the frame the warranty is void. I would also hesitate to dremmel your skate. Most of the players that do this don't pay for their skates and have the ability to get new ones when they want. It will increase the breakdown of the skate as well.

Why not use something else that you won't have to dremmel?

Durability is not really compromised in the dremmelling. It seems like it may negatively affect the durability, but I don't think I've heard of anyone that has had durability issues with a properly dremmelled skate.

You are ruining the integrity of the outsole by dremmeling. It can cause faster breakdown of that outsole and weaken the stability. When you start cutting holes, grinding or manipulating your gear in anyway you are taking something away from the stability of the product. Not to mention ruining any warranty that the product has. I would suggest trying not to dremmel anything. Up to you though, they are your skates!

Untrue, the dremeling of the boot is so minor it does not compromise the boots sole. It is no different than adding another hole to adjust to the many different frame mounting plates available. The sole and frame are reinforced at the rivot points removing any stress away from the dremeled area. In the 4 years the Hummer frame has been around I am yet to receive or hear of 1 complaint about a conversion gone bad or pre-mature destruction of an outsole because of it. Based on what has been said the warranty is void regardless once the original frames have been removed. And I promise you that there have been many, many more than the very few elite players who get free product that convert their skates with Hummers. I would recommend finding an experienced dealer to mount your frames, call me with any questions.

Rob Chornomud

Labeda Wheels and frames

(800)524-5892

The promotion was actually done through Tour, we had the capabilities when we had the rink and pro shop next door but do not anymore. If you want to let me know where you live I can try and research the best option for you.