Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

haole

Wheels for wood surface?

I started playing on a wood surface last season and my red rink rat hot shots and MB816 keep chunking and cracking or the hub cracks and falls apart. I was thinking about going with the harder rink rats but I heard that rink rats and revisions suck on a wood/sticky surface.

I'd like to know what everyone else recomends/uses on a wood surface.

FYI - I'm 5'9" 135lbs and good skater. I think size and weight of the skater is very important when selecting durometer so if you could list that that would help

Thanks

I actually emailed Mike Hunt (Rink Rat) about this and he told me that the Rink Rat World Cup wheels were being used on wooden floors over seas and they're performing really well. I'm going to get a set and try them out. I have a weekend job as a rink guard at the local roller rink and they have a wood floor. Hopefully, I can give you some feedback soon.

Hey i play on a wooden floor and i had the same problem, i had labedas XSoft, they chunked and ripped like anything. I am ~6ft and around 72kg, my LHS reccommended Hyper Trinity Flex 76A, so far they are good, only had one chance to use them, they are great so far though it isnt soon enough to tell about chunking or anything, ill keep y posted.

I would bet alot of money that the labeda grippers are going to chunk.

You'd be wrong... They don't chunk when they wear down... they rasp instead, sorta like outdoor wheels.

I'm definantly gonna try out rink rat world cup's the next time I get a chance to play on a wooden floor.

Good info. The rink rat World cups are 84A and they look like their just a harder version of the hot shots. I remember having the white labeda grippers on my old Tours and they didnt chunk when i played on polished concrete (which chunks some wheels).

So far it sounds like...

-Labeda Grippers $5

-Rink Rat world cups $7.50 (or maybe even the 80A hot shots?).

-Hyper Trinities $8.50 - depending on what muzza finds

Trinites are WAY to soft. Dont use them for wood. Go with a harder durometer. The wooden floors have natural grip from the coating on the floor, hence why your wheels are chunking. The wheels are grabbing too much onto the already extremely grippy wood floor and chunking. Go with a 80A and up Durometer.

Speaking about grippers and duramators... are the soft (white) 76 a or 78a ?

I think the medium (yellow) are 80a.

I just whent to my LHS yesterday and they said the clear Xsoft are 74A, white Soft 76A, And they werent sure about the yellows but im guessing 80A.