Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tjobity

Patrick O'Sullivan

Did anyone catch The Patrick O'Sullivan Story on CBC's Fifth Estate the other night? It was replayed last night as well, and I was sickened watching it. I remember around the NHL Entry Draft last year hearing about it, but watching this program I just couldn't believe what some kids have to go through to impress their parents. The web-site has a recap of the entire show if anyone's interested. I was wondering if anyone knows of any stories of players that have been through the same sort of abuse and have persevered to lead normal lives.

Wow, that is really terrible. Almost the exact same thing is going on with my cousin Andrew Murry right now. His dad won't hit him but the verbal abuse is terrible. The only reason I mentioned his name is because it's his OHL draft year and like Patrick, should be going first round, but probably won't end up going untill about 3rd because of his dad.

I taped the feature. Man, I definately couldn't continue to play after a parent like that. running a mile to home after playing a bad game :blink:

I would run home every game the way I play. But that would be awful. It's a good thing he was able to speak up about his father. It probably would have gotten worse