Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tyler0630

skate problem

Did it rip through the leather or did the eyelet just break.

ripped through leather and ive been having to tape the crap out of my ankles

Send it back for warranty...That skate hasn't been out long enough for that to happen....

Absolutely. You also need to learn to pull out and not up.

Send it back for warranty...That skate hasn't been out long enough for that to happen....

True - but that is classic CCM quality, I saw a TON of CCM Tacks brought back to me when I worked at pro shop for that same problem

it wasn't ripped by tying them, they got cut by another skate or somehtin during a game..

but anyways i just emailed ccm about what i can do, the only problem i might have is that i bought these on ebay and i dont know if thats "covered" or something.

also because i switched out the holders is that voiding the warrenty? (only reason why i switched holders was because i had the defect bends in the steel and i didn't have any time to send in my skate)

well the thing is i dont know how it broke, it just broke when i was playing... a little to into the game i guess to worry about my skates

If CCM won't fix it then the next thing you can try is take it to a shoe repair shop and see if they can fix it. Sometimes they can put two pieces of leather on either side and punch a new hole for the eyelet. Some shoe repair shops won't take skates though b/c the materials are usually a lot thicker than normal shoe material. I have been told that they run the risk of damaging their equipment by working on skates. I did have one shoe repair shop recommend that I take the skates to a saddle repair shop to get the skate fixed. Never took the saddle shop route (skates weren't worth the effort) but it might be worth it to you since your skates are pretty new.

Just thought the info might help.

i just took it to a shoe repair store and it tooke 30 minutes for the guy to do it and it was 7 bucks, ill post a pic once i get a charge on my camera. (he did a damn good job)

Glad to hear it worked out for you. Now make sure you tell your local pro shop who to send skates to when people come asking for repairs. It can be hard to find a good shop at times.

i still have the orgional eylet, it ripped out of the leather completly and it was still on my lace when i untied my skates

eyelet.jpg

ands heres a pic of the good repair job.

117-1717_IMG.jpg

-update-

i just poped the eyelet out again at pickup. maybe time to start saving some money for a new pair of skates, which sucks...

if its popping out again, then your tying pulling up, not out. pulling up puts stress on the eyelit, which is why its going to pop out. its not going to be as sturdy as when you first got them because it was repaired at a shoe repair store. try to find something more durable when getting it repaired next time, or get a double layering.