Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ScottMan

Boss Skates - Impressions?

If you had bought them from the store, wouldnt they do the baking for free?

I got these from MS and none of my stores had them in stock. They only still had the Wickeds for 400. I usually buy everything from the LHS but this time that was not possible.

LaRouche who did you email? Have you checked the axels to see if they are better?

Thanks,

Scott

daver@missionitech.com is who you need to e-mail. The problem with the skates is not the axles themselves, but the fact they were overtightened at the factory. The replacement axles are fine.

A couple questions as I just got a pair of Boss'.

Has anyone baked theres at home? If so how long did you put them in the oven for and at what temperature?

- I 95% of the time support my lhs but most are asking 35-45 bucks for a baking even though I have spent hundreds in their stores which just seems too much for me

Did anyone receive their replacement axels? Like I said I just got mine but in trying to release the axels I stripped a couple but when I tried to send an email to the link provided it bounced back.

Thanks everyone!

What are you doing thursday? if you can make it out too leesburg one day when I am working I will bake them for free...and can get your axels out

So what is the verdict on the fit of the skate? Just looking at pictures it looks like the skate may be a bit deeper than previous missions which is a good thing for me. Can anyone verify the depth of the boss or the width? Has anyone here moved from Tour's to these skates for a fit comparison?

The reason I ask is that I have extremely high arches and tours have been the only skates to fit me for some time (aside from the 8090 in ice). Unfortunately I don't have any locally that I can try.

I have an average width ankle, little long depth-wise, average arch, slightly wide forefoot, average width heel. The Boss fits well around my foot, short of the initial breakin of trying to get my foot to seat in all the way. Tours fit ok until I get to the heel which slides around a little and causes blisters about half dollar sized.

There's my personal comparison anyway

All of these Mission threads have me convinced that I will never buy a pair of Mission skates. Between the Wicked break in issues and now the Syndicate axle problems, I don't know why you guys choose to deal with it. I'll stick to my CCM/RBK's anyday. I do like Mission pants, gloves and sticks though so I'm not just bashing Mission in general. Just their inline skates.

Well I ammend my earlier statement as to "never" buying a pair of Mission skates. I bought of a pair of Boss' on e-bay for an absolute steal and I'll have them tomorrow. Like I said previously, I love Mission gear, now I'll find out what the skates are all about. I'll post a review after a couple of skates in them. :P

Not that this is a big deal, but has anyone else had trouble with laces on the Boss. I've already broken one set, and it looks like the 2nd set might be on its way out too. Just curious if anyone else has had this problem?

No problems with the laces yet. But my left skate kills the inner aspect of my foot near my navicular bone. I had the spot punched and the skates baked but still the pain comes. I feel it right when i lace the skates up. Guess i need a slightly wider skate on the left. Besides that i think the skates are great all in all.

I had pain there as well when I first started skating in the Boss. My solution was to loosen up the lacing on the top of my foot some for a few skates. I still cranked them down around my ankle and the top few eyelets, but not so much around the middle of foot. After skating a few times like this the skates seem to have broken in better and now I can tighten them down as much as I like with no pain.