Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Perry94

Golf balls for stickhandling practice

will this cause some negative effects? I don't know I thought that it might since they made this "smartball" or something...2.1873 or somehting diameter

its made my brick hands better.

i made up a drill to train quickness, skate fast with it and tap it forward until it takes off (it will actually accelerate away from you), catch it, control it for a bit, repeat.

If you want a real challenge try a ping pong ball, it bounces all over the place. After using that, the puck will feel glued to your stick.

If you want a real challenge try a ping pong ball, it bounces all over the place. After using that, the puck will feel glued to your stick.

I never thought the golf ball made much sense but the ping pong ball will really soften up your hands. I also use a weighted stick when I do that, one puck taped to each spot. Front and back of the toe and front and back of the heel, all of the way at the very ends of the blade.

I have found that if you practice too much with a golf ball, you can get very fast, but then have trouble translating that during a game to actually handling the heavy puck better.

I tried steel ball bearings that weigh the same as a puck, but did not like them.

The stickhandling balls are ok, but I think they are too big.

The most realistic are the rubber pucks with the clear plastic botom piece slide surface glued on, used on a piece of synthetic ice.

The most realistic are the rubber pucks with the clear plastic botom piece slide surface glued on, used on a piece of synthetic ice.

called what-a-pucks i believe.

headonaswivel: i dunno who it is, but the full size pic of it is very inspiring. i thought it may be Yates. and levrone doesnt suck, i think he has the best physique (not disgustinly veiny and sickingly huge) of all the guys that usually compete in olympia. jackson is gonna be the future, if he adds another 10 or 20 pounds

i totally agree with biff, one of my coachs told me to do this all summer, i wasnt on the ice that much, but when i was i really tried to stickhandle way too fast, plus the golfball jumps off your blade when you touch, so a lot of the time i wasnt pushing the puck hard enough back and forth. i was just kinda stickhandling around the puck like a goon

i think stick handling a roll of electrical tape on some thin carpet helps, if your hands arn't "soft" then the edges of the tape will catch and it just flops arond. but after some practice it gets fairly easy and definently helps out on the ice.

a puck works too but its a little easier.

This guy i know has this pretty cool puck made of steal or something like that and once stickhandling quickly with it i could stickhandle faster with a normal puck.

Well its its generally smooth on the outside plus I don't think you would be able to use it on anything else besides smooth surfaces like the concrete in most garages for example

at cavanagh(sp) they have mini cannon balls you stick handle with, and you can stickhandle much faster, but it eventually wears off. So it has tobe something you do often and for extendded periods.

Yer i have been using golfballs for a about a week now and have already noticed a difference on the ice with stickhandling... A friend bought a smarthockey ball and i just do the exercises demonstrated on the CDROM with a golf ball. They help a lot.

I forgot to mention earlier that a friend of mine who plays in Europe used to bring a steal puck onto the ice when we were younger. It was rediculously heavy, he passed it to me once and I just flubbed it.