Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Riggo

The next hockey Dinosaur?

Re: rocket runners - It's true what CCM is saying. That the greater the distance from your hips, the greater the effect on weight loss. So 50 grams is significant at the bottom of the skate if performance is equivalent to what you are using already.

If they are inconvenient to use or skate worse than conventional for some reason, then the weight savings might not be worth it.

The LS2p's are quite heavy at least for the 296's.

It's 50 grams lighter than the scalloped runer.

Really... hmmmm... now that's interesting presuming it's per blade (or, 100 grams over all since there's not a lot of one-footed hockey skaters out there). Still.... that's 1.75 ounces or so per foot. Would one really notice that? Just thinking outloud. We're talking about the liquid in a shot here....

It's 50 grams lighter than the scalloped runer.

Really... hmmmm... now that's interesting presuming it's per blade (or, 100 grams over all since there's not a lot of one-footed hockey skaters out there). Still.... that's 1.75 ounces or so per foot. Would one really notice that? Just thinking outloud. We're talking about the liquid in a shot here....

There's a difference between liquid ounces and ounces as a unit of weight. 1.75 ounces is a small handful of coins.

Take your hand/arm and cycle it up and down from the shoulder as quick as you can for a few minutes.

Now grab something that is 100 to 150 grams (like my desktop cordless phone) and do the same thing.

Apply how the difference feels to a full game (~15-20 minutes skating?) and there's your effect.

Not quite. First off, unless you're built funny, your legs are far, far stronger than your arms. Thus, the impact will seem more dramatic with your arms than with your legs.

Also, to really mimick the motion you should do shoulder shrugs with the phone with your arms in tight to your body as opposed to extended straight out in front of you (not really sure what you mean by "cycling it up and down" but want to make sure we're on the same page).

I might decide to pick up a pair of RRs to put in my E rpl holders. I'd be really interested to see how much of a difference it makes and go back to regular steel after it's done if it's no better or breaks on me. I could probably get the rockets to last a full season. Sharpen every 6 skates (twice a month) or so with honing between skates. just hope profiling can still be done and get life out of them.

Might be time for new holders anyway, I think I saw a crack in one during stretches last night, never got to take a good look at it.

Then again, I'm probably moving away from THC skates unless a 7k fits me a lot better than my current V6.

Locjaw replacement blades, Cooper XL-7 helmet, Koho Revolution skates, Titan Turbo sticks, Neon Sher-Wood sticks, pink laces, anything camo, and Nike Air Zoom skates.

What is this Titan Turbo stick?

also, the O-stick will go soon

Not quite. First off, unless you're built funny, your legs are far, far stronger than your arms. Thus, the impact will seem more dramatic with your arms than with your legs.

Also, to really mimick the motion you should do shoulder shrugs with the phone with your arms in tight to your body as opposed to extended straight out in front of you (not really sure what you mean by "cycling it up and down" but want to make sure we're on the same page).

Really it doesn't matter what muscles you are using, you will still expend the "X" amount of energy or work depending on the path of the cycling and rate at which it occurs. Muscles are muscles, they do the work, & release the lactic acid (bad), if I am not mistaken. Yes it's true you'll obviously feel it in your arms sooner, which is the point of the exercise.

OK.. 50 or 100 grams is not the be all and end all by any means. What I did for myself was analyze the complete lower body package. Shins, socks and skates - and as a result have all custom made. My two Carbon shins are the weight of one market shin pad. My socks weigh nothing. I could make my skates lighter than anything known to mankind, but here I didn't. I have my size 12's sitting at 1000 grams each. I could drop that another 10% if I tried real hard, but on this set the 296 LS2p's and very stiff sole(3 layers of carbon), plus all the SS fasteners & hardware are responsible for the increase.

When you lose something like 500 grams on the shins/socks, it's no big deal to put something toward the skates.

Locjaw replacement blades, Cooper XL-7 helmet, Koho Revolution skates, Titan Turbo sticks, Neon Sher-Wood sticks, pink laces, anything camo, and Nike Air Zoom skates.

What is this Titan Turbo stick?

also, the O-stick will go soon

first one-peice composite stick ever (along with the koho XL-1), bossy used to rock one in 1985ish. it was a crappy stick but i'd consider it an important breakthrough in design.

I had one of those Turbos. Red things, mid 80's?? Awful stick really.

I took a faceoff and the front panel of the shaft above the blade blew out. It was a foam core. I saw something go flying but didn't have a clue what it was. Then the ref gives me a penalty for playing with a broken stick!! That was stupid.

I still see lots of t'blades in the Edmonton area leagues. 3 guys on my team alone have them, including me. They'll disappear slowly if they do die.

Slagging those ccm runners before anyone has had a chance to see what they are about is just stupid. I'm up for anything that will save weight as long as it is functional.

I know. Its crazy. This is how we end up with 8 different new mettallic colors of last years product with a 10% price increase.

I don't see why anyone would bother to invest in attempted innovation when it'll just be called marketing hype in the hockey market as it is. So many people ready to kill your product, why bother? Just roll out the same re-fried whatever with a new color of plastic and a 10% price hike. slap a layer of metallic sparkle paint on it and call it "unobtanium". Or Stealth. Or Mac Daddy.

Oh, wait. That IS pretty much what the industry does now.

Really it doesn't matter what muscles you are using, you will still expend the "X" amount of energy or work depending on the path of the cycling and rate at which it occurs. Muscles are muscles, they do the work, & release the lactic acid (bad), if I am not mistaken. Yes it's true you'll obviously feel it in your arms sooner, which is the point of the exercise.

Actually Lactic Acid is not bad. It is produced when your body uses anerobic respiration. It is the only way for you to get energy when there is a shortage of oxygen. Aerobic respiration needs oxygen and produces much more energy. The oxygen becomes short when you start exercizing.