Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BruinsFanRI

Please help me choose!

I just bought a pair of Vector 7s and need to choose which blade to get. I’ve been mainly using a Sherwood woody with a Coffey blade.

Here are the CCM blades (or use the MSH Pattern DB):

http://en.ccmsports.com/catalog/special/curves.php

Right now I’m basically debating between the Recchi & Thornton blade. Help me make up my mind, I can't decide...

Thanks!

Guest 2048

Thornton=massive Yzerman like hook, Recchi is supposed to be like the modano, I think. Avoid the Thornton, it's crazy.

The Recchi is more of a Mid, I think the Stuart is there Modano clone. The Recchi is kind've Iggy/Lindrosy to me.Just more of a mild mid than the Thornton.

the thorton is a big mid curve hook like the yzerman, except it doesn't open up any like the yzerman sorta does....and the recchi is just a nice size mid curve, same size curve as maybe the sakic or iginal except it's doesn't open any

I recently got a Vector V120 with a Doan curve...it is awesome. Took me a few shifts to get used to the lie but after that, it's been great.

Wasn't Thornton a huge heel last year or was that 2002? from the pics in the CCM link the Thornton is the closest to the Coffey. Recchi is a smaller curve, something I like but hey, this is your stick not mine.

Your right it was classified as a heel before, but to most people it looks like a mid because it's so big and curves really throughout the entire blade.

Chadd, Levacalier is the huge heel.

No Vinny is the old Sundin. Ton of loft but it neever had as much as th eThornton.

Eazy, I swear the old Rex's are the same as the new Thornton and the old Thornton just went away.

I don't know why everyone rips on the Thornton. I like it. People complain about the backhands with that curve...why the hell are you going backhand so often? It's a big curve but it is definitely useful. I often read on the forums about people saying the Thorton curve is causing them to shoot the puck over the net everytime they shoot. Believe me, it's not the curve, it's your lack of skill.

Guest 2048
Chadd, Levacalier is the huge heel.

No Vinny is the old Sundin. Ton of loft but it neever had as much as th eThornton.

Eazy, I swear the old Rex's are the same as the new Thornton and the old Thornton just went away.

Are you sure? The Lecav I saw was a massive heel. May have been because it was the roller version?

It's a 1/2 inch curve but it has massive loft. I know it's the old Sundin, I used to use it.

The Vinny is a huge heel, but it also used to be the Sundin. The Vinny curve is like a Lidstrom, big with loft, where the Thornton was like an Yzerman which started earlier

Chadd- I could very well be wrong I haven't seen alot of the CCM curves for a while, I hadn't heard they changed other than the Doan and Bonk, but it doesn't mean they didn't change at all. I've glanced at a Rex and Thornton, but didn't really examine. Your right the curve isn't causing them to shoot it over the net all of the time, but it may be more difficult for the players to handle bigger curves.

Stevo- Curves are very personal, some hate'em some will love them. Bigger curves similar to the Thornton are GENERALLY regarded as little kid curves because they are so big. Also backhands are a great tool, if you could learn to shoot a backhand near as good as a forehand you'd have a hell of a weapon. I wish mine was better.

Any goalie will tell you a hand backhand is impossible to read, and if you have the skill, there is no benifit of using a big curve like the thornton. I'm much more comfortable with a very slight curve.

I thought the curve on the Sundin/Vinny was a bit more mild than the original Lidstrom/Leetch blades. More of a moderate or shallow curve, yet deeper than the Drury.

It's bigger than the Sundin. As it turned to the Kaberle, then to the Lecavalier it slowly increased in curve. I have an old Sundin which is very Leetch/Lidstromish.

the vinny is like the iginla. but longer and a square toe.

The vinny is a deep heel with alot of loft, extremely different from the Iggy.

I had the Thornton v120 in my hands two weeks ago, Its just a big hook, similar to the Yzerman. Vinny's blade was a heel curve with quite a bit of loft