Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hiub

My new gloves!

I bought these from Goalie Heaven off eBay, after having a long discussion about what nylon glove to get. I was a bit skeptical about these since they are 15.5'', but as it turns out they are a 14.5'' glove with an extra long cuff on them.

After putting them on for the first time they felt great, and the fingers were just the right size for me. The cuff is huge, but extremely mobile and flexible. The gloves have plastic inserts everywhere, I think I could do some damage if I was ever to punch someone with them. I wore them this morning to practice for the first time, and I will write a full review after I have worn them for a decent amount of time. I came from the Vapor XV gloves, so I was a bit scared that these were not going to perform as well as the Bauers, but boy was I shocked! They are a LOT lighter than the Vapors, and with the huge cuff these things will most definetly guard my wrists, which was a bit of a complaint that I had with the Vapors. Sometimes players opt for smaller cuffed gloves because of the mobility, but from at least the first time using them I did not feel the cuff on these gloves once, even though it is a big cuff. If you are shopping around for these gloves, do not get scared away by their size if they are a regular sized glove with a longer cuff, since they are looking like they provide TONS of protection without sacrificing mobility. They stayed a lot dryer than my Vapors too, which was the only other complaint about the Bauer gloves. As time goes on I'll give a more detailed review of the glove, but good stuff so far.

Here are the pics! (I'm not much of a photographer by the way)

f79fef91.jpg

f79fef90.jpg

f79fef89.jpg

f79fef85.jpg

f79fef82.jpg

f79fef7e.jpg

f79fef81.jpg

If you guys want higher res pictures, here is the whole Imagestation album. I also have an album with my custom Bauer Classic Gold skates.

HGT Gallery

Bauer Gallery

Thanks for looking, Fred.

Thanks guys. Kosy, I thought the same thing, but I have some extra cash laying around and decided to go for it anyways, If not I could always re-sell the gloves if i didn't like them. The cuff on these things is great so far, It just doesn't get in the way and it's pretty flexible, feels somewhat close to what a n Eagle cuff would feel like. That's the only thing I could compare it to, other than it still fits tighter but it gives you the same kind of flexibility. If you get a chance to get one of these again GO FOR IT! I was about to get just the regular 14's but I know for sure those would have been too short. I'm not a terribly big guy either, 5'11'' 185lbs but they fit great.

HGT's are amazing. My store has a few pairs in cable knit for 90 bucks brand new, im probably going to pick up 2 or 3 pairs within the next week or so.