Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eazy_b97

Baseball Gloves

Yeah, I was doin' a little research after I posted that and I noticed that, maybe I should look into a smaller glove since I do have trouble gettin' the ball from my glove to hand.

Trust me, it makes all the difference in the world. Back in Little League, I was using an 11" glove, and every-so-often the back of my throwing hand would get caught in the glove when I was trying to make the transfer, and once I got up to HS ball, where I needed to get the throw off a little bit quicker, that was killing me. So, with my father's propting, I went out and got the smaller A2000s. I found it much easier to be smoother with the smaller gloves. I love them. Haven't had any problems.

Or you can play like Omar Vizquel and just not use a glove half the time.  All the good SS's didn't play with gloves when they grew up.  If Omar used anything it was a flattened out milk container and Ozzie Smith used a paper bag.

My dad takes me down to the field about three times a week during the summer and hits those rubber baseballs at me and makes me try to field them barehanded. It's tough as hell, but it really does make a huge improvement.

Anyone have a link to the eagle gloves? I've searched everywhere on the web and couldn't find them.... Just want to to see what they look like.

Or you can play like Omar Vizquel and just not use a glove half the time.  All the good SS's didn't play with gloves when they grew up.  If Omar used anything it was a flattened out milk container and Ozzie Smith used a paper bag.

Not to say that didn't end up helping them out but at the time I bet it was because they were poor. At least for Vizquel since a lot of Latin players ended up using half-cartons for gloves. Of course I can't crack on those methods since my mum and grandmother pitched to me as a kid.

Hey guys, I know I am bringing this thread back from the dead, but I still need a bit of help. I bought a Mizuno Premier glove tonight. It basically came down to this, the Ultra Lite and a Wonka (or something similar) glove. I went with the Mizuno because it was on sale for $69.99 (from $129.99), The UL was $120 and the W (can't remember the name) was $105. Anyone have experience with this glove? Reviews? It's 13", I figure I'll be mostly in the field and need the extra room because I suck and its softball. Those prices are Canadian. I am hoping to join a softball league still with my girlfriend this summer. Another quick question is about breaking it in. I'll try and get out to toss the ball around as much as I can, but any inhome stuff would be great. I put Gillette Shaving foam into it, then wrapped it around an orange street ball, with a few elastics. Now I put some "Mineral Oil" into the palm to work it in and have again wrapped it up. It'll be under my matress tonight.

Mack - there is no metal, but is some plastic for the adjustable velcro strap on the back of my hand. Think its safe to microwave?

Basically any suggestions about break-ins or comments on my selection are more than welcome. Good or bad :) Thanks in advance

Link to my Glove

Yeah, so long as there isn't any metal on it I'd toss it in the microwave then. I usually go about 10-15 seconds and use your best judgement from there on how long you should keep heating it. I just get it nice and warmed up, then work it while the leather's pliable.