Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

djsnowman777

whats the best goalie cup ?

i went down to an open ice session not to long ago and some dude wanted to shot 5 hole but was denided by my nut sack ...unfortuntly it was a stinger so i figured i get a new cup ..right now im using an itech profile cup had it for a yr now but overall performance is good but not great ...thats because of the stingers so im gonna look for a new jock so whats the best jock out there ???? i figure the more it cost the better it works ??

I've never used either, but I do hear lots of good things about Simmons or I mean ******* Matrix Air and the Maltese Gel one.

Best advice would be a pair of compression shorts with a cup-pocket, and a Brown, Brian's, or Simmons Air over top. That will provide far better protection than any of the 'double cup' jocks.

Out of curiosity once, I tried wearing my regular player cup under my goalie cup. Didn't get any action, but the feel was just fine, and I probably would use that setup in higher leagues. Maybe someday I'll don that again and have someone try for the Money Shot to see how it works. (we goalies truly are crazy)

Double-cup jocks are, of course, more protective than single-cups. However, a base-layer bicycle-style cup with a single-cup jock over top is usually much better than a double-cup jock on its own.

Two cups are good; two differently-sized independent cups are better.

Double-cup jocks are, of course, more protective than single-cups. However, a base-layer bicycle-style cup with a single-cup jock over top is usually much better than a double-cup jock on its own.

Two cups are good; two differently-sized independent cups are better.

It definitely keeps the stuff where it needs to be a lot better just so nothing is left unprotected :)