Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

liroadrunners

Tour Cobalt Q stick

Does anyone know if the lies are the same? Easton has a 5 lie for the Modano and a 5.5 on the Iginla. I'm just wondering if Tour has the same lies for the Cernick and Yoder or if they are both the same lie.

Thanks!

Just got my Cernick in the mail, it is a 5 lie on par with Easton's lies.

On a side note, I ordered this stick from Epuck on Friday and it was on my doorstep this morning at 8:30am. Cali to PA in less than 2 business days with regular ground shipping. Good stuff epuck/fed ex.

Does anyone know if the lies are the same? Easton has a 5 lie for the Modano and a 5.5 on the Iginla. I'm just wondering if Tour has the same lies for the Cernick and Yoder or if they are both the same lie.

Thanks!

On a side note, I ordered this stick from Epuck on Friday and it was on my doorstep this morning at 8:30am. Cali to PA in less than 2 business days with regular ground shipping. Good stuff epuck/fed ex.

*&^%, I ordered mine on Thursday and its not due to me until Thursday. Maybe they will suprise me tomorrow with it! :D

do they still ship some of the epuck stuff from Louisianna? this could be why you got it so quick to philly. i used to get stuff from epuck to philly in 2 days.

Thanks!

*&^%, I ordered mine on Thursday and its not due to me until Thursday. Maybe they will suprise me tomorrow with it! :D

mine had an estimated delivery of 2/21(thursday) as well, I was completely surprised that it got here so soon.

ditto the not cool... im in PA, ordered on wednesday, wont be here til tomorrow... my fedex tracking shows it came from Cali so if they have another warehouse i guess mine didn't come from it...

Used the Q for the first time at practice tonight. LH Yoder 85 flex. First impressions were decent. It doesn't feel quite as sturdy as my NBH XXXX. Shaft seems like it might be just a little thinner, could be just me though. Blade is nice with high quality feel. So far it certainly worth the 60 bucks on epuck, probably even the 120 at normal price if you compare it to other sticks at 180-200 bucks. This is my first Tour stick and my expectations weren't really that high, but overall I think this stick can probably compete with other brands top level sticks, especially being at a much lower price. I'd give it like an 8.5/10.

edit: i wont be using it for ice hockey tho...

Someone wrote up a review on it in the actual Reviews section and said it was relatively heavy and poorly balanced. Compared to my XXXX i think the weight is about the same but i'll agree that it's definitely blade heavy... It has a concave shaft as opposed to the XXXX which is more rounded and probably explains why it feels thinner in my hands. I also thought that the blade feel was better than he gave it credit for. Both sticks have similar patterns and cut to the same size. The 85 XXXX is a little stiffer than the 85 Q, but it seems to be an acceptable replacement.

I'm not a fan of this stick. I am probably spoiled by the lightness of the z-bubble and synergy i've been using, but this just feels too heavy for me. I feel sluggish with my stick handling. If anyone is interested, I listed mine over in the sell section for the coupon price.

Just got the stick at the shop. Coming from someone that used the Aviator, this thing was like a feather. Felt very nice, a little blade heavy, but nice. No crazy grip either. I probably would have picked one up if we had any RH's, but we didn't. Overall, I was VERY impressed. It was like a 180 degree turn around. Good job Tour.

i havnt been following equipment in a while and i saw the review and had never heard of the stick. is this a specific 'roller hockey' stick, is there even such thing as that?

A stick is a stick. It's just that it's made by a company that is roller-hockey specific.

oh ok, thank you for clearing that up. i don't do roller hockey at all so i'm not familiar at all

i just said i wouldn't play ice with it because i dont think it would hold up very long, at least not my 85 flex...

ya your comment said 'asphinctersayswhat?" and i said "what?". that's what made me ask cause i was confused.

I got my stick today. X-85 flex, cernick curve. I haven't played with it yet, but i'm pleasantly surprised. it is blade heavy, but not terribly so. All the sticks i've ever used were 100 flex, so it will be interesting to see if i like the 'flexierness' of the stick. its an inch longer than my l-2 or my flyweight with a blade in it. The shaft is also a little concave on the side.

On a side note i guess i never thought about this, but it doesn't appear that its tapered. I assumed all ops were tapered, but this one appears a little bulged at the bottom of the shaft.