Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lee92

shoulder pad help

alrighty, i'm in dire need of some new shoulder pads here. i've been using these rough hespeler x-lites for the past 2-3 yrs and they've got very little padding on them in the chest and spine. i went to my lhs today and was trying on shoulder pads and narrowed it down to nike v10's or jofa 7500. the nikes were about $130 while the jofas were $70. they both felt good on me, and i'm willing to spend the extra cash if it's worth it. i just wanna hear some opinions on these two from ppl who've used them already

If youre gunna spend like $130 on shoulder pads, I would go with the Nike V-12's. Theyre amazing, although very expensive. Nike makes great stuff nowadays with their V-12 line.

Ya untill one of those zippers bust. No offence I think the bells and whistles on those are worthless. You are better off going with smaller, lighter, easier-to-move-in shoulder pads. I look at it this way, if I can out move, out position and out skate my opponent I won't get hurt. You would be better off spending the extra cash on a body checking clinic and learning to take a body check properly.

my $ .02

well i've been to a checkin clinic already, and i don't mind taking a hit at all, in fact i love getting beat around all over the place...probly hit more than anyone i know, and never gotten hurt yet. what can i say, i've mastered the art of falling lol

If youre gunna spend like $130 on shoulder pads, I would go with the Nike V-12's. Theyre amazing, although very expensive.

i think he means $130 canadian. The v12's would cost him roughly over 165.

I got v10 shoulders, but dont really wear them, because theres no need in roller hockey. Theyre not that bulky, but offer great protection.

Check out Itechs also, that's what I always wear, they're low profile and have fine protection. Jofas are a bit bulky, I do like the V10s though.