Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

w00t99

ovechkin curve

Anyone who hasnt tried a toe hook needs to. I've seen people double there handling moves immediately. Takes some time to get used to with your shot but I thinks its worth it.

While talking toe curves, I dont think anyone can beat the nasty hook on spezzas stick. I used to watch spezza when he played in Binghamton (AHL) during the lockout, what a fantastic year for AHL hockey. I think 9 or more of the current Ottawa players were playing in Binghamton.

The Ovie curve does look like a modified sakic, I use the sherwood equivilent of the sakic, although I like sherwood's version better as there's a longer blade and the toe is a little wider at the end and not as rounded. Untill sherwood came out with the new RM model sticks, I didnt know what I was going to do as its hard as hell to get a sherwood stick in a curve other than the old crosby, coffey or spezza curve. I had a couple of sherwood momentum TXD pro stocks, and once they broke I was bumbed out. Speaking of the retail ovechkin, I have the drury blade on my old momentum ( cut down to shaft) just to try it out. Great for passing, but hard as hell to keep my wristshots down. I can rocket one off the curve, but it sails way over the net. Probably if I used it alot, I would get used to it. Since I normally shoot from the middle to toe of my stick, it was a bit of an adjustment, and it took some time with slapshots, I had to realy pay attention to where I had the puck at before I shot. So anyhow I found some new sherwoods, and am comfortable again. Also the Drury/clones was hard for stick handling for me, but as I said I am used to having some curve to my blade and not more of a flatened blade.

I did see an ovie CCM stick maybe at Dicks Sporting goods, and it had more of a Sakic type curve on it, dont know where else you can find them, but it wasnt the drury style curve FWIW.

Casey

While talking toe curves, I dont think anyone can beat the nasty hook on spezzas stick. I used to watch spezza when he played in Binghamton (AHL) during the lockout, what a fantastic year for AHL hockey. I think 9 or more of the current Ottawa players were playing in Binghamton.

The Ovie curve does look like a modified sakic, I use the sherwood equivilent of the sakic, although I like sherwood's version better as there's a longer blade and the toe is a little wider at the end and not as rounded. Untill sherwood came out with the new RM model sticks, I didnt know what I was going to do as its hard as hell to get a sherwood stick in a curve other than the old crosby, coffey or spezza curve. I had a couple of sherwood momentum TXD pro stocks, and once they broke I was bumbed out. Speaking of the retail ovechkin, I have the drury blade on my old momentum ( cut down to shaft) just to try it out. Great for passing, but hard as hell to keep my wristshots down. I can rocket one off the curve, but it sails way over the net. Probably if I used it alot, I would get used to it. Since I normally shoot from the middle to toe of my stick, it was a bit of an adjustment, and it took some time with slapshots, I had to realy pay attention to where I had the puck at before I shot. So anyhow I found some new sherwoods, and am comfortable again. Also the Drury/clones was hard for stick handling for me, but as I said I am used to having some curve to my blade and not more of a flatened blade.

I did see an ovie CCM stick maybe at Dicks Sporting goods, and it had more of a Sakic type curve on it, dont know where else you can find them, but it wasnt the drury style curve FWIW.

Casey

that never happened to me, just because I knew if i used a REALLY low flex, it would help keep the shot down...it did