Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zac911

Neck/wrist protection

It's getting there. The only consolation for the beer leagues is that most guys' skates are dull as shit anyway - then there's always the idiot who gets the deepest hollow he can find and can't skate on - his blades spend a lot of time int he air...

good to know that every beer league has one of these guys. i used to lock the shop when i saw " that guy " coming to get his skates sharpened before every game. that and if i ended up playing in the same game i would NEVER go in the corner with him. why bother when you know he will just turn it over with one of those patented pies up the middle...... franks and beans! sorry... had to laugh a little there.

guy in these parts lost an eye while wearing a visor... stick popped right up under it.

a guy in ours just had his arm stepped on and it cut him twice and deep. I am told many, many stitches. They were playing a team sponsored by a hospital so there were 2 doctors and 1 nurse on the team.

[<snip image>

Which one is that?

the shirt in the pic is the UL600......is niiiiice! it's in the warehouse now and should be shipping to dealers any day now. they have the really nice vented material throughout the back and armpit area. trust me they are nice..... get one... you wont be sorry!

Zac911,

What are the differences between UL600 and Itech JP450? I picked up a JP405, works well. I'd like to give the vented one a try.

Thanks in advance!

Zac911,

What are the differences between UL600 and Itech JP450? I picked up a JP405, works well. I'd like to give the vented one a try.

Thanks in advance!

sorry brother... been out on the road. the biggest differences with the new Mission shirts this year are that they have the biggest possible neck ( you can only go so big before you lose BNQ certification ). the new Mission shirts are vented better as well. if you look at the price of the expensive under armour shirts with the nice venting and then compare them to our new shirts... you basically get the neck and wrist protection for a few dollars more.... WORTH IT. hope this helps and sorry for the late response!

guy in these parts lost an eye while wearing a visor... stick popped right up under it.

a guy in ours just had his arm stepped on and it cut him twice and deep. I am told many, many stitches. They were playing a team sponsored by a hospital so there were 2 doctors and 1 nurse on the team.

The situation I referenced there were actually a few doctors on the ice. They all thought he was jsut going to get stitches for the bleeding (granted they couldnt do the best examination on the ice.

sidebar: When i broke my ankle my team was sponsored by an orthopaedic clinic. LOL. and they did do my surgery.

A bit off topic, but relevant. I have a "domestic" problem with my jp405. I try hard to simplify life, for instance, after a skate,all my undergarments/sock/jersey are put into a plastic grocery bag and then in the gear bag. Once home, I dump the garment bag in the washer hit start and 45minutes later it done. Then all go into a new bag, ready for the rink.

My "domestic" challenge is that after 6 washings, the jp405 still in bleeding black and brown/yellow that mandates a seperate wash for it. Yes, Ilike to keep the white as white and in the past my puckskin and UA could be washed with the whites no problem. I know there is a tag (saw it later) that warns to do a dark load.

So my questions is, does this thing ever stop bleeding? Is it related to the kevlar?

Thanks in advance

From the Buffalo News:

In the wake of the Richard Zednik injury, defenseman Henrik Tallinder has become the first Sabre to don a neck guard. Team trainers have sewn the guard into a dark blue extension on Tallinder’s undershirt, giving the impression he’s wearing a turtleneck.

“It’s mandatory back home in Sweden [since the 1995 death of Bengt Akerblom in a similar incident during a Swedish Elite League exhibition game],” Tallinder said. “It’s almost like you forget about it when you get over here. No one was wearing it and I wasn’t even thinking about it. Then this thing happened so I put it back on. It doesn’t even bother me. You don’t notice it.”

I bought a medium sized Mission UL600 shirt and it fits great. The neck guard doesn't bother me at all. Unfortunately, the shirt is much thicker than my old Under Armour shirt and I feel really hot. I may have to just wear a plain neck guard with my Under Armour shirt.

everybody has different comfort zones with body temperature. after reading the last post yesterday i wanted to test the shirt outside of my rink experiences. i run 6 miles 3-5 times a week, so i put the shirt on as a base layer and an itech training shirt on top of it and ran my 6 miles. outside temp was right around 60 degrees. 2/3 of the way into the run i was getting a little warm, but i could definitely feel the ventilated areas of the shirt doing its job. i have no complaints with the shirt playing hockey and i figured that running outside would be a good test since it is warmer than inside a rink. again some people are more sensitive to this than others.

Best part about these Mission shirts is they are very SEXY. Our Shop Manager now gets all the ladies after the game.

+++++++

But seriously I really like the idea of the neck guard in the shirt. Great idea that is improved with the way the shirt fits and vents.

Do you guys wearing the newer Mission or Itech shirts find they retain odor much? I bought one of the Jock Plus kevlar neck shirts about two years ago, but it reeked after one washing and retained odors like crazy. This is the only piece of equipment I have that smells.

you know i also noticed that as well. i believe it has been addressed. i had a couple items from a few years ago and noticed the same thing. i have not had this problem with the newer stuff. i thought hockey players liked to stink??? LOL!

Compared to my Underarmour short sleeve shirt which never retained any odor, the Mission UL600 long sleeve shirt was a little stinky after drying out. I think this may be due to the fact that the Mission shirt is much thicker, so my sweat doesn't escape as easily.

Compared to my Underarmour short sleeve shirt which never retained any odor, the Mission UL600 long sleeve shirt was a little stinky after drying out. I think this may be due to the fact that the Mission shirt is much thicker, so my sweat doesn't escape as easily.

i am going to have to sort offffffffff disagree with you here.....it's just that we are putting cover sheets on our TPS reports now... so if you could just do that...... that would be GREEEEEEAT! any shirt will be a little stinky after playing hockey in it. if you had washed it and it still was rank... that would be a different story. the way the fibers are wound in the shirt it is Anti-Microbial.

Z!

Looks like Kovalev was wearing one - not necessarily the 600.

labeled... CANADIENS??? i did notice that and it certainly did not look like any old mock neck shirt. that said..... what would you do if you had a million dollars???

In the postgame interview he was wearing a black shirt (ironically enough the zipper was in the front - my guess is he can open it up slightly) and I could see a BNQ logo. So, must be wearing under his mockneck.

In the postgame interview he was wearing a black shirt (ironically enough the zipper was in the front - my guess is he can open it up slightly) and I could see a BNQ logo. So, must be wearing under his mockneck.

i believe that was what i saw as well.

i was just looking at the mission website, and they do have a short-sleeved version, but i still havent seen one with a loose-shirt model

It's on there... black/red trim... same BNQ nectech... go to performance apparel, 2nd shirt from the right.... I will be picking one up shortly. If I find one sooner, rather than later- I'll provide some feedback. LOVE the concept, but I'm a little too OCD to wear compression tops... I'm a fat guy, so I feel like a sausage.