Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

flaming_june

shoulder pads

ive been doing shoulder pad shopping this week, and the following is just a lil heads up.

new bauer shoulder pads seemed to be really light and mobile, but lack any real protection. esp on the 6000, where there's only foam for chest and back portection,

bauer 8000 lightspeed shoulder pad, very very light and mobile, priced at 94.99 at hockey monkey (hawk) and it is exactly the same as last years vapor 10 priced at 69.99

bauer 6000, even lighter, but imo, no protection because theres only foam on the front and back.

these two bauer shoulder pads seemed to be sized smaller too. im normally a large with jofa, but use XL for both bauers.

ccm pro tacks, covers everything including stomach pad, back "cross check" pad, both removable. its very protective, but very heavy. its about 95 bux too.

so yah, this is just FYI.

the old bauer supreme 5000's look pretty nice to me. i know a lot of ppl down here who have them. they do look pretty bulky, but it looks like they could take a bullet and not feel a thing

Do you(or anyone for that matter) know how if the Easton line is bulky? I'm particularly interested in the 04 Ultralite and Synthesis. The synthesis looks the most appealing to me, does it GREATLY dropoff from the synergy? or does it still have top protection?

I got the synergy pads last week and used them twice.They have a real nice spine pad and a nice little pad for the sterum. The Angled shoulders are a excellent design by easton. The Last impressive feature I found to my liking was the BioDry

liner...It drys fast so you dont have to wear wet equipment if you have 2 games in one day.It only takes like 30 min out side or a hour inside to dry.My only annoyance with these shoulder pads is the built in neck protector. When you have that pad plus a neck gaurd on, it seems bulky and restricting. I'm 95% positive its just something i need to get used to. Overall Easton has made a product worth looking at IMO.

CaptainZbubble

.My only annoyance with these shoulder pads is the built in neck protector. When you have that pad plus a neck gaurd on, it seems bulky and restricting. I'm 95% positive its just something i need to get used to. Overall Easton has made a product worth looking at IMO.

CaptainZbubble

Why not just cut it off? then you could have it sewed up. Because I can see how this can be restricting....

I think the Synthesis is supposed to have the majority of the features of the Synergy but less of a price. I tried them on but went with the Nike V-Force. I do agree with the Bio Dry stuff---I have the Synergy shins with that in it and it does dry quickly.

oh man...

ive actually bought the ccm pro tacks in which i will return.

its actually the second protack i bought, the first one had rips on the bicep protector, now i find this new one has a huge rip developing on the shoulder cap.

very disapointing! ccm, made in china, subpar quality.....

I got the synergy pads last week and used them twice....My only annoyance with these shoulder pads is the built in neck protector...

Cripes...those look like Football pads. Although the moisture wicking liner sounds great (would be fantastic with an UA shirt on) I can't get over how big that neck pad thing is...

http://us.st3.yimg.com/store1.yimg.com/I/h...y_1805_10329887

On another note...could you buy that BIO Dry or a similar material and re-line your pads with it...sounds like a great idea.

I dont know if you could find that exact material, but something similar to it most likely. that neck guard is huge, i'd chop it off.