Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

adam14

what to look for when buying new inline skates

well my ice hockey season ends in 2 weeks and then they take out every ice surface in my area because everybody will be done playing aND i've decided to to buy some inline skates to keep in shape and play some pick up hockey, my old pair were some black missions that were on sale, but this time i wouldnt mind getting a decent pair... so what i was wondering was when i pick out inline skates, is it the same as ice skates? I currently use rbk 9k pumps on the ice so should i stay in the rbk boat? or is there better skates? i want a pair that arent very hard to break in since i wont be baking them.. and i dont want them to be overly expensive not more then 150 US. and if it were possible, a pair that i wont be obliged to buy online... thanks for help in advance.

well my ice hockey season ends in 2 weeks and then they take out every ice surface in my area because everybody will be done playing aND i've decided to to buy some inline skates to keep in shape and play some pick up hockey, my old pair were some black missions that were on sale, but this time i wouldnt mind getting a decent pair... so what i was wondering was when i pick out inline skates, is it the same as ice skates? I currently use rbk 9k pumps on the ice so should i stay in the rbk boat? or is there better skates? i want a pair that arent very hard to break in since i wont be baking them.. and i dont want them to be overly expensive not more then 150 US. and if it were possible, a pair that i wont be obliged to buy online... thanks for help in advance.

If you don't want to spend more than $150, then your only option would be the RBK 3k

http://www.inlinewarehouse.com/descpage-RH3K.html

a little more $ gets you a much stiffer boot in the RNK 5k

http://www.inlinewarehouse.com/descpage-RH5K8.html

I own both the RBK 4k and 5k '07 models. Neither one required more than 2 weeks of breaking in, not pain, just sweat.

Id say to try on as many different skates, and whatever is most comfortable is what you go with. Dont just go for a specific brand or look, whatever makes your feet happy..

The most important is the fit, find a good heel lock and work from there. Just like jjj929ny stated focus on fit.

the glaring issue is that you're going from a top end ice boot to a mid to low end inline. While sticking with the RBK line is going to be your safest bet, the vast quality difference is going to be noticeable

just some food for thought

If the 9ks fit your foot well, I'd say stick with RBKs for inline as well.

I agree with this sentiment. If the RBK ice is comfy, stick with RBK inlines. Prices range from $150 - $450.

alright, so i went inline searching today, because i got out of school earlier, and i dont want to spend a huge amount of money for inline skates that i'll be using over the summer, and for a very decent prine (in switzerland) I found these,

http://www.inlinewarehouse.com/descpage-57TA.html

anybody used them/ got advice on them? i think i'll be picking them up next week.

I play Rbk 5K Pump on ice, and I wear the 5K Forsaken for inline. The price point is the same as the Tours you posted. I really like both pair of skates. Just my opinion.

another kinda off topic question that I've been wondering for a while, what does the heel area look like on rbk's that dont have the pump?