Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stampede#11

Revision Wheels ?

Hi Guys,

I wondered if those of you that use Revision wheels go with a straight set up all at the same hardness (eg all Golds or Platinums) or go with the split of 2 x softer front and back and 2 x harder in the middle?

I am always looking for some extra speed from some where!!!

I saw someone had said even with the harder wheels you didn't feel like you were slipping and wondered if this was an "across the board" opinion?

Cheers

Al

I had always only used 74A (Labeda Genesis, Labeda Grippers, Labeda Milleniums, Red Star Scorpions) wheels on our court and was very hesitant to try the 76A Variants thinking that they wouldn't have enough grip. After I tried them out.. WOW! They feel very hard when you're going in a straight line, but when you lean into a turn they just dig and grip for days. It is a very strange sensation.

I use 76A across a straight 80mm chassis. I thought about mixing and matching; some guys I play with roll 74-74-76-76 or even 72-74-76-74 for the shiftier guys, but the 76As grip so well, I'm going to stick (no pun intended) with 76As across.

I stuck with an all bronze setup on both hilo and sprung chassis, each worked well

if i were to have altered that in any way, it would have been to potentially put a softer wheel on the toe only

I am going straight golds on a Vanguard hi-lo setup (~150 lbs.) and get plenty of grip and speed. For me gold is the perfect mix of durability, grip and speed.

about two years back i used plat-gold-gold-plat and now i sit on 4 golds and i loved the speed and grip of the mixture.. i wasnt sure the setup would work but it does. i would follow the chart on the site for sure.. dont get me wrong, if you use all one hardness they work amazing aswell

Ill chim in as well...I am 160lbs. and use all Golds on a hilo frame, has worked well for me as well...I never had a problem with grip or speed...But I will second what most are saying about using the chart...if you go by your weight on the chart you cant go wrong..

I stuck with an all bronze setup on both hilo and sprung chassis, each worked well

Out of curiosity, what do you weigh? I'm just under 200 pounds, been using 78A Hot Shots on Sprungs. I've been curious about the Revisions, but kinda confused, being right on the borderline (weight-wise) of their chart.

Out of curiosity, what do you weigh? I'm just under 200 pounds, been using 78A Hot Shots on Sprungs. I've been curious about the Revisions, but kinda confused, being right on the borderline (weight-wise) of their chart.

Id go with an all gold set-up and you'll be fine...

Thanks guys, the combo set up's I have used in the past have never felt right compared to a straight set up, but think I will give the revisions ago and use the matrix. I'm about 150lb so think Platinum's on front and back and Golds in the middle will give me what I am looking for.

Stampede#11: I was actually the one who mentioned the non-slip with the Bronze wheel. I can't say I used Bronzes across the board, but I used Bronze in the middle and golds on the outsides and it was a beautiful thing. I really don't think you can really go too hard with your setups for Revision.

Sickboy: Like it was mentioned, you can definitely use an all Gold setup and be fine. I'm 205lbs defensemen and have put plats on the front and back for some extra grip, but have never had any problems going with all gold.

Frank~Frank

Anyone know if they have a micro hub wheel? And if not any inside info if they plan on producing one.

Currently they don't - and I hope they won't. I wish there was just one standard, the 608. They do have new graphics for this season and a new goalie wheel. Anyone already used these?

RVGW-big.jpg

A guy on goaliestore.com was testing them.

He said they were nice because of their durability, but were more slippy than the crossbars.

They were also designed to explode rather than chunk.

I had my second skate on a set of the 2007 Variants. I weigh 205lbs. and I'm using the Gold-Bronze-Bronze-Gold setup according to the matrix. I'm becoming concerned with the gold wheels though as I've noticed they are splitting. I love the grip and rebound of these wheels, but I think at 205lbs the gold wheels are too soft, no matter the setup. I'm guessing I'm probably going to blow one or two out at my next game which is tonight. The pic below is a little fuzzy, but you can see some of the small chunks missing in one of the back wheels.

variant001.jpg

if they are splitting after a minimal amount of skates, you might want to try throwing the bronze wheels in the front and back since they are a little harder.. if there isnt as much grip, i would change them back to how you have them in the picture.. they shouldnt split alot, ive never had a revision split completely on me.. they do sometimes split a tiny bit

if they are splitting after a minimal amount of skates, you might want to try throwing the bronze wheels in the front and back since they are a little harder.. if there isnt as much grip, i would change them back to how you have them in the picture.. they shouldnt split alot, ive never had a revision split completely on me.. they do sometimes split a tiny bit

I played on them again today and they are about the same as they were before the game. The gold wheels have a series of small splits in them. It doesn't seem to effecting the performance of the wheels though. I skated, stopped and cut hard today with no ill effects. I will keep an eye on the splits, but they seem like they'll be OK. I really do like these wheels. Great performance.

I played on them again today and they are about the same as they were before the game. The gold wheels have a series of small splits in them. It doesn't seem to effecting the performance of the wheels though. I skated, stopped and cut hard today with no ill effects. I will keep an eye on the splits, but they seem like they'll be OK. I really do like these wheels. Great performance.

I have an all gold set-up(165lbs.) and I have a few wheels with the same slits in them...I think they just break down like that, they have been there for awhile and does not affect the preformance at all...Id keep an eye out for chunking, but Id say you'll be just fine, the grip will wear down before they start to chunk...

Where do you guys find the revisions i checked some sites and they are out of most sizes of golds?

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/revision-rolle...riant-gold.html

All sizes here...I just got a set of them.

Wore the 2 x Gold in the middle with Platinum on front and back for 2 games yesterday. All I can say is ..... terrible ..... no only kidding, AWESOME wheels. I agree with the gold's in the middle giving more speed on the straight skate.

I haven't seen many other folks in the UK with these wheels. Do revision have UK stockists? Got mine of inline warehouse '08 models and all were in stock in all sizes.