Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Netminder32

On the horizon ~ GDI

GDI website

Anyone with insight, now is the time to pipe up... according to their website June 1, 2008 it will become old news :D

Dave Agatone, Manager-Manufacturing and Design

Dave Agatone is the lead designer and head of GDI's Manufacturing Division. Dave has been a member of the hockey equipment manufacturing community for over 21 years. He has over 6 years of private professional design instruction from Parson's School of Design Graduate. A former goaltender himself, Dave has partnered with the American Hockey League, East Coast Hockey League, as well as current NHL goaltenders to take product development with the use of CAD to a state-of-the-art level.

Pictures of the new gear please!

Just me or does it seemingly never end with people leaving in a hissy fit or for whatever reason, and start their own company?

I work with GDI and late summer I was doing some zone camps and found out that yes they have a line of gear they are working on. and the best part is Robert Loungo is rumored to be the man to endorse it.

GDI has been around for awhile and Ian has been working on gear for what seems has been forever, just not finalized it.

I know that Eagle made him some samples, as well as Vortek. I think that when Marc brought on Glenn Miller to run the production side of the business, David's days at Vortek were numbered.

Not sure if David had a "hissy fit" as you say, but, maybe Ian and David hit it off enough to join together with this part of GDI's program.

Just me or does it seemingly never end with people leaving in a hissy fit or for whatever reason, and start their own company?

GDI was trying to get Pete Smith to run things at some point.

Pics (sort of) are up but the gear section of the site must have been done by monkey, unless it's just my mac that is causing issues.

Cost of the gear is out of this world tho.

::m

I find the wordiness of their descriptions almost embarrassing to read. It seems like Ian Clark likes making simple things sound really complicated. I wonder if he wears his Captain Kirk outfit while he writes all of this crap.

I find the wordiness of their descriptions almost embarrassing to read. It seems like Ian Clark likes making simple things sound really complicated. I wonder if he wears his Captain Kirk outfit while he writes all of this crap.

Not only embarrassing but also quite cheezy too.

I would hardly call pads that look just like my wife's first pair of RBK 5k's revolutionary. Boring gear line. Nothing special and over priced. If you're going to claim that your product is "revolutionary" then it shouldn't look like what's been out there for the last 5 years. Just my thoughts.

im completely agree.... these are nothing more than a reebok pad with a different logo... i mean even lookin back on the camp itself, most the goalies that use the GDI form of goaltending use reebok pads so there is no new invention here and im glad to say that i have only seen about 2 goalies all pre season in them in the show. hopefully the GDI guys will see the writing on the wall and just stick to goalie camps, you don't steve mckikhan and future pro goalie school makin a line of pads do you???