Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Briggy

Killing the game

The team I now play on I feel is killing hockey for me. The coach is about the age of 20 and when we have practice, all he does is skate and shoot around without telling us what to do. There are also two kids who think that they can stickhandle around everyone and that they dont need to pass. I now have a playoff game to night, but I am not sure if I want to go and play. I have been obsessed with hockey since I first picked up a stick but now I dont even feel like playing. Just wondering if there is anything to do, to light that fire again. Thanks

I had to take a couple months off once. I realzed how much I loved hockey, and got back playing as soon as I could. (I couldnt think strait, I wonted to play so bad). Maybe try to get on another team after try outs are over. Thats what I would do.

Either you or your parents should talk to whoever runs your club about it. Other kids may feel the same way.

Or you probably have a manager with your team, organize a meeting with him and maybe if other players complain have a team meeting with the rest of the hockey teams and the players parents.

Heres the deal there are 6 people on my team(including me. Two of them dont pass. One is a puck hog. The other just playis defense. Then there is a new kid who is happy just to see some playing time. So the other players dont give a rats ass.

Thanks. I have an old coach about two seasons ago in which I had one of my best seasons. So I will end up giving him a call asking him to coach.

What calibre of play are you usually involved in? I've found since dropping my level its much less enjoyable, the challenge isn't there and the players I'm working with become frustrating. I'd ride it out, try to take a who-cares attitude for the rest of the season and just go from there. I had a similar situation with my roller team. If you take it too seriously it'll eat you up, take it for what its worth...a good time.

oh you think you're league is bad, come play outdoor rec roller here. The coaches never show up, and a player has to coach the team. Also, theres this one kid whos parents run like the whole league, and they give him basically every award in the books just because of his parents. He's always on the first line of the best team in the league, and can barely skate. We play with kids up to the second year in college, so one would think to play in the division you should have some idea how to play. Not him though.

I dont take it too seriously, but when they dont pass and when they score about 9 goals a game on our goalie it takes toll on you.