Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Another gem from JR's custom shop

As I've always said - if you have an issue and you're an absolute candidate, come see me. But do understand that in a lot of cases, manipulation of the current skate or another retail skate may work - I reject most jobs than I accept.

If you're looking for longer felt tongues and a different liner, don't waste my time. There are plenty of people out there who can get that done for you, and call themselves custom skate fitters.

I just had similar issues as the previous person had... Surgery on my left foot with plate and screws and needing a wider forefoot but more narrow ankle (I believe). My feet are also tall and I fail the pencil test in all skates I have tried on.

Edit: if you're interested we can keep this off the board, just pm me or email (craig.carrigan at gmail) and if not no worries. thanks!

Just a thought... wondering if at some point a manufacturer would change their design and have velcro attach the tongue to the skate. That would allow you to customise the fit of the boot quickly and allow you to choose the options you wanted. Not saying it will happen, it just allows you to have a quick mod to the skate fit.

Just a thought... wondering if at some point a manufacturer would change their design and have velcro attach the tongue to the skate. That would allow you to customise the fit of the boot quickly and allow you to choose the options you wanted. Not saying it will happen, it just allows you to have a quick mod to the skate fit.

VH is doing that