Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Another gem from JR's custom shop

JR, assuming you do go ahead it the future, would it cover customs for inline as well?

Im sure it would be a custom ice boot, and you just dont mount holders.

curious - why is it always x2? are you supplying a clone army with all these skates or something? ;)

and what happened with Custom+?

curious - why is it always x2? are you supplying a clone army with all these skates or something? ;)

and what happened with Custom+?

I travel a ton for work....like to have my home bag and my travel bag.

Trust me...I thought about the Custom+, but JR convinced me to go fusion. Can't say no with that kind of convincing.

I travel a ton for work....like to have my home bag and my travel bag.

Trust me...I thought about the Custom+, but JR convinced me to go fusion. Can't say no with that kind of convincing.

As taken from the Pursuit of Happyness; "What do you do and how do I do it?"

If you don't mind answering :P

If my net profit for a week is 20 bucks I feel pretty good.

As taken from the Pursuit of Happyness; "What do you do and how do I do it?"

If you don't mind answering :P

If my net profit for a week is 20 bucks I feel pretty good.

I build enterprise datacenters for the government. Lots of VMware, Microsoft Hyper-V, and Solaris virtualization on NetApp enterprise storage. That's my gig. Been doing it for over 10 years.

figured it was something micro$oft by your pic. thanks. enjoy your skates.

Heh...that pic was an inside joke between me and JR. He was having all sorts of issues with laptops and Windows XP, so I popped that up there for a quick laugh...just kinda stuck. I am a big Sun Solaris guy....well Oracle Solaris now.

So, could I theoretically go to any hockey store (Perani's for example) and get custom-made skates or would I need to contact the manufacturer to find a dealer that can perform the service?

So, could I theoretically go to any hockey store (Perani's for example) and get custom-made skates or would I need to contact the manufacturer to find a dealer that can perform the service?

Go to your LHS. They should be able to hook you up. however, the fit of customs will only be as good as the person who measures your foot. if you are anywhere near orchard lake, I'd highly recommend Steve (I think that was his name, he's JR's old boss) at Get an Edge Pro Shop. he did my custom x60's and they fit like a glove.

Go to your LHS. They should be able to hook you up. however, the fit of customs will only be as good as the person who measures your foot. if you are anywhere near orchard lake, I'd highly recommend Steve (I think that was his name, he's JR's old boss) at Get an Edge Pro Shop. he did my custom x60's and they fit like a glove.

That's not too far away from me at the moment (I'm on the Ohio border near Toledo), but unless I come into a lot of money in the near future I won't be getting any custom skates anytime soon. Plus I'm moving to Des Moines in August, so I won't be as close as I am now. But I'm sure I could find somebody in Minnesota that could do it when the time comes.

That's not too far away from me at the moment (I'm on the Ohio border near Toledo), but unless I come into a lot of money in the near future I won't be getting any custom skates anytime soon. Plus I'm moving to Des Moines in August, so I won't be as close as I am now. But I'm sure I could find somebody in Minnesota that could do it when the time comes.

Roger that. The problem...as Tamtang can tell...there are no "hook ups" in the real custom game. At $875 a pair for the Total Ones....the real custom world is "you get what you pay for".

I figure this would be the best place to ask..

Does anyone know what the deal is with these one90s? My buddy gave them to me and said they were some kind of early one90 prototype and they weren't up the quality standards. The tongues basically fell apart to the point where you couldn't use them anymore so he had to swap in a pair of Grafs. The bottom of the boot was starting to break away so he had to nail them back in. Yes, the boots came from the factory brown, I've never seen another brown pair.

onenine001.jpg

onenine002.jpg

onenine004.jpg

Right before I left MI, I showed him how to do it. He's done pretty well with it, and I'm glad.

I've seen quite a few of those brown One90s and I believe they come from the factory grey ish but as you wear them the sweat turns the boot brown. Nasty. Those One90s are well known for durability issues especially with the clear tuuk

Right before I left MI, I showed him how to do it. He's done pretty well with it, and I'm glad.

Orchard lake?

JR you used to work around there>?

I should have joined this board a loooong time ago. I'm in toronto that is like a 7 hour drive.

to bad, i missed the ship!.

It's actually about a 5-6 hour drive from toronto.

I can make it to Chicago from toronto in 10 hours (depending on a number of things).

Orchard lake looks to be somewhere in the middle of Chicago and toronto.

It just sucks for me that JR was that close to Toronto.

So JR, did you travel to toronto a lot? I see in your avatar it's the the toronto city skyline within the flag.

Just a question, if i've got pretty wide/flat feet (next to no arch), are the Totalone/ one95s still a good choice?

As well, if i were coming from easton 1500ccs, would a 3mm heal lift make it the same positioning (on the balls of my feet) as my eastons?