Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Petey21

NHL logo to change?

If it's just a color change and adding some depth, I probably couldn't find a reason to object. There is nothing wrong with updating your logo after 80 years, now if they did it every eight months.....

I think it could be a good thing. If it shows fans and media a new face, which there will be after the CBA thing is sorted out, then it makes sense. Lots of companies have a logo change - either slight (like Ford) or drastic (the numerous Pepsi changes) - just to signify a new direction or purpose.

Maybe I should buy a bit of original logo stuff to see if it becomes a collectors item??

....nah. <_<

I believe thats just to make the Habs logo stand out more. Everything on that puck with the exception of the team logo is silver.

i always thought the official pucks used to be orange...& now they're (white? silver?)...kinda hard to tell. but i think i've seen silver shields on all kinds of other memorabilia at the bluenote shop...could be wrong though...

maybe "orange" is the OFFICIAL ...and silver is still the shield, but not technically what the NHL considers their "official" shield...hell, there's probably a pink one out there if you look enough :P

...hell, there's probably a pink one out there if you look enough :P

Vapor, check any NHL apparel you have and confirm this.

Found an NHL logo on a CD that I have saved off the net a LONG time ago (according to the time stamp it's downloaded in March 1996), and it shows some kind of "modified" NHL logo, maybe this is somewhat what they are thinking about? I THINK this comes from an official NHL site back in the day, so it's not a homemade version of it.

NHL logo from 1996

I like the current logo, but I think the silver version (the one on the merch/equipment) is nicer than the orange. It's classier looking.