Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

denisca

Shinpad Problem

I recently bought Vapor XX, and now my shinpads feel weird around the base because the Vapors are wider around the ankle than my previous CCM Skate. I was wondering what shinpads people used with their Vapor XX skates. I was also wondering if I would go with shorter pads if it would help. I currently have 15" Sherwood 7700 Shinpads.

How tall are you? I am 5'10" and wear 14" Easton Z-Air shinpads and they feel fine. There isn't much space between pad and skate boot, and there is plenty of mobility.

How do you wear the tounge on the skate? I tried tucking them up underneath the shinpads once, just to see if it would be more comfortable, and found that it threw the whole feel and fit of the skate off.

You could always try to flatten the ankle area of your shinpad so they flare out a little, then they won't interfere with your skates as much. I have to wear a brace on each knee, so I flattened my shinpads to give me extra room for the braces.