Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mattzilla

injury # 2. broken hip. WTF

SO I just started playing again. went to some drop in sessions, took it easy switched off whenever i was feeling too competitive. I signed up for my teams January season( mid jan start ) and I will be going to thursday night drop in and saturday mornings, got my gym membership and I am going to push it until my season starts!!!

woooo woooo

YAY! Congrats are definitely in order, mi amigo. That news is the best thing I've heard in months, I'm sure your level of dedication would put me to shame <_<

Man, reading this is making me feel like a pussy with my broken fibula, dislocated ankle and torn ligaments. I'm at 8 weeks since surgery and should be putting weight on it next week with probably another month before any serious ice time. I can't imagine being out of commision for 9 months.

Sounds like you're moving right along though. Good luck to ya!

Congrats man, looking back through the thread thats quite an ordeal you've been through!

Just take it slow and I'm sure you'll be fine.

On a side note, is there a correct way to slide into the boards?

You're asking the wrong guy. haha.

if it's any consolation a guy in my class in junior high cracked his femur in half during a 100m sprint. All the other runners stopped because they thought the gun went off again for a false start. He's since made a good recovery and plays just as many sports as he used to. He never played hockey but i imagine he could now if he wanted to.

so finally was starting to feel stronger, faster, healed up. I was playing basketball 2 times a week, I could almost get rim again, i was jogging once a week, playing hockey... feelin' great.

2nd game of the season. I was planning on making this my last season in div 5. I felt I had progressed enough it was time to move up a division and test myself.

Awkward collision...cant get up, hurts too much..ambulance.. broke my hip. what the hell. another week in the hospital for an old man injury, off my feet for 3+months, rehab rehab rehab AGAIN!

I just want to be in one piece for an extended period of time. On the plus side, because they couldnt fit the new screws in to fix my hip, they had to take the metal rod out of my leg so no more metal woo.

They called me Mr. Glass...

That sucks, hope recovery goes quickly. I would say stick to the lower leagues, but I find I get more banged up with those guys tripping and slashing than I do with the guys who play the body aggressively.

Holy crap... And I thought I had been pretty fragile the last few years... Had about 9 months off for an ACL replacement (3 month wait to get the surgery and 6 months of rehab) and then about 2 years later I went and slid into the boards awkwardly while cutting off a puck that someone rang around the boards. Cracked my fib pretty bad just above the ankle. No surgery thankfully but 2 months in a cast and another 3 or 4 in rehab. It's always hard watching your friends play while you're injured but it was always good motivation for me to keep working to get back out there.

Sorry to hear you're out again but good luck getting back on the rink.

Wow. As I new member I just got done reading your story. Pretty inspirational to see someone go through something like that and still be able to get back in the rink. Sounds like all your hard work and patience paid off the first go around.

I can't believe lightning struck twice for you but I'm sure you'll make it though this injury as well.

Good luck and a speedy recovery.