Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

timberwolves31

Bauer One 95 cowling

I saw that the new one 95 cowling has a stainless steel blade rather than whatever they had before. I have vapor xxx's with the pro white cowling and i can burn off an edge in those in one skate. I was wondering if the new steel will hold up an edge better and last longer?

I sharpened a pair the other day, they are a huge improvement over the old bauer cowlings/steel. The steel seems excellent... and on these, there is a lot of toe metal so they should get a pretty long sharpening life.

I have had my one 95's for 2 months now and I am still on my 1st sharpening actually second I had them cut cut to the wrong radius the 1st tiem, but they have not dulled yet that I have noticed. They feel the same

Would you say they're on par with RBK, or not quite there yet?

I think the quality of the steel is excellent, based on the two pairs I sharpened. We'll see how long the edges last, that's the key. I'm very optimistic and excited that they got it right. The Vapor steel was a disaster.

How about the boots? i am looking at new skates so im trying to decide whether to go with the one95's or stick with the xxx's and put the stainless steel on it

From what I can see, the one75 boot looked very well made. I haven't seen the one95 yet, but I imagine it will be slightly better. I'd just get the new one-series skates and not try to change cowlings on the XXX's, cheaper that way.

today i got a pair of one 95's molded to my feet and the store told me to wear them around the house to see if I liked them, so i can still return them if i want, I wish i could skate on them though. But they also said if i wanted the xxx's cowling's switched, they would only charge me $25. I have found the one95's are quite a bit stiffer than the xxx's, but that was expected. The store has the xxx's on for like $350 bucks too, so i'm not quite sure what i'm going to do yet.