Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fury of One

Router & Xbox Live

I'm not an idiot when it comes to computers, but I can't figure out how to get the router to work with Xbox live. I bought a D-Link EBR-2310 wired router and can connect to the internet fine. I went through the port forwarding thing and they have a selection for xbox live but that didn't work either. I'm probably doing something wrong so any help is appreciated. I'm on a mac fwiw.

I use the same router, but on a PC. Connected the ethernet cable to one of the ports from the Xbox to the router and it's worked fine for me, so not sure what your problem is, I would just keep trying it.

I connected the cable that came with the router to the modem, the computer into port 1 and xbox into port 2. I entered all my PPPoE settings as they are on my computer. Works fine if I connect directly to the modem but I wanted to avoid the whole plug, unplug deal. When I test the connection, it fails at the IP address slot.

I connected the cable that came with the router to the modem, the computer into port 1 and xbox into port 2. I entered all my PPPoE settings as they are on my computer. Works fine if I connect directly to the modem but I wanted to avoid the whole plug, unplug deal. When I test the connection, it fails at the IP address slot.

I had all sorts of issues hard-wiring my 360 to my Linksys... so I just said "eff it" and bought the wireless adapter for my 360. Best $100 I've ever spent, considering my router/modem are on another floor of my house now.

Did you try the auto config? If you still can't connect cause of the IP address is not being found (fails). Could be that you have to call your ISP and have them reset you IP connection (I went through this myself). Let them know that you are trying to connect to XBox Live and they should be able to trouble shoot any other problems that you might have.

For those that use Xbox Live and wireless routers, did you assign certain addresses on the network options on the 360? or did you choose to do yours automatically (default)?

I just bought a new wireless router - therefore want a better set-up now.