Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MissConduct

Itech Carbster? heh

Dunno if anyone saw but Jordan Leopold's Mission Carbster said "ITECH" on the front where Mission used to be (cant find pix yet)... heh.. my question is are they bringing the helmet back under Itech's name or is this just for the WC games??

thanks

mich

My guess is that it is branded Itech because Mission did not pay the helmet licensing fee. Really no need to when 1) Itech already has it, and 2) Mission doesn't make helmets anymore.

From what I was told, Mission doesn't have access to those molds anymore, so the Carbster is dead. As already said, may as well slap an Itech logo on it, good for exposure. It got your attention, which was exactly the point of doing that.

My only complaints are:

1. the paint chips very easily

2. the liner doesn't stay in place, the forehead clip doesn't work

3. The one snap in the back rubs against the bone behind my ear

Other than that it's a great helmet. Mine could have been a bad one though.

I bought one and sold it shortly after.

I must have a weird head or something because the headband "liner" or whatever it was gave me a headache and I tried both a Large and an XL. The large without it felt fine but it moved around a lot. Also my shield didn't fit very well on it which annoyed me even further.

My only complaints are:

1. the paint chips very easily

2. the liner doesn't stay in place, the forehead clip doesn't work

3. The one snap in the back rubs against the bone behind my ear

Other than that it's a great helmet. Mine could have been a bad one though.

Umm.. those would be my 3 complaints about it also. That and it doesn't fit all cages/visor combos for the people who wear one.

I've never had a visor fit a helmet properly, just get some nylon nuts/washers and longer screws and you'll be fine. It should cost about $2.00 at Lowes or Home Depot.