Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Karly14

lie

Thanks for bringing this up Nick as I'm in the same boat as  you.

I heard stick length affects lies as well.  Is that true?  My new stick is a 5.5 lie, but it's an inch or two longer and now all of a sudden I'm wearing down the heel.

Unfortunatley I don't know the lie of my old stick, so I wonder, did I pick the wrong lie or is the longer length affecting this?

Also, what is the average lie?

JT

The big question is, are you still growing? If so I'd only cut it a bit or let it be.

I've stopped growing a long time ago, but still getting use to the finer details of this sport as I've been playing full time for only a few years now.

Were you happy with the length of your vector? Why don't you try cutting to the synergy to the same length as your vector and seeing if you can adjust to the .5 difference (about 2 degrees) in lie.

Lots of good suggestions everyone, thanks!

I'm going to try to get my hands on something with a lie of 5, cut to the same length then compare performance. Too bad it's so tough to "test drive" sticks. Hopefully I can beg, borrow, steal (kidding) or get something cheap and cheerful to conduct my test.

Cheerio,

JT