Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Karly14

lie

if im wearing the heel of my blade only, does that mean i need a higher lie, or a lower lie, sorry about the dumb question, ive done this forever on sakic curves,just never thought to ask before thanks

well if you like the curve ...just dont change for a curve you will dislike just because of the lie!!!

I like this post, if you like this curve, keep it. If you don't like that curve that much, than it would be a good thing to try others blades...

What do you guys mean don't change patterns "just because of the lie". The lie is just as, if not more, important than the curve itself. You won't be able to shoot to your maximum potential with an inadequate lie.

What do you guys mean don't change patterns "just because of the lie".  The lie is just as, if not more, important than the curve itself.  You won't be able to shoot to your maximum potential with an inadequate lie.

It depends of what kind of shooter you are. If you roll the puck when you shoot, you sure need a good lie, but if you don't roll the puck a lot when you make a wrister, than it's PP.

Personnaly I don't like a curve that touch all the ice when I play. I like when about half of the blade touch when I play...

i always thought the sakic was wearing out on the heel only because its a big rocker, but now that i think about it, im always stickhandling on the heel of the blade, when i used handle the puck in the middle or more towards the toe, i love the sakic curve though, anything similar to it with a lower lie?

Thanks for bringing this up Nick as I'm in the same boat as you.

I heard stick length affects lies as well. Is that true? My new stick is a 5.5 lie, but it's an inch or two longer and now all of a sudden I'm wearing down the heel.

Unfortunatley I don't know the lie of my old stick, so I wonder, did I pick the wrong lie or is the longer length affecting this?

Also, what is the average lie?

JT

The shape of the rocker comes into play as well as the lie. Making your stick shorter can allow you to use a slightly more upright lie but it's important to have the lie and the length that you are comfortable with.

5.5 is probably the most common lie but a lot of kids (and adults) I see really need more low lies available from manufacturers.

Thanks Chadd. Helpful as always. Do you think people can adjust to lies that are a bit off or is that pushing water uphill?

Just trying to avoid the drag of selling and buying yet another stick -- sigh.

You can always adjust but I don't why anyone would want to do that if they are settled in their style of play. It's better to find a stick to suit you and not the other way around. If they stick is longer than you're used to (and you're wearing down the heel when you didn't before) then cut the stick to the length that you were accustomed to before.

What was the model and pattern of your old stick? I'm sure someone on here will be able to tell you the lie with that information.

Hi Kobe. I used the Modsquad pattern database to learn my old CCM Vector Recchi had a lie of 5. My Iggy Synergy has a lie of 5.5, plus I cut it a bit longer, hence the difference I'm seeing in my heel wear and loss of accuracy on my wrister and a bit of stick handling.

Now the big questions:

- Sell the Iggy and get a Modano.

- Cut the Iggy down.

- Suck it up and get use to it.

I haven't figured out which way to go yet. Could be any of them!!

There is no shortage of opinions in this forum. Guys and gals, what would you do??

JT

Buy a wood stick with a 5 lie and see if that fixes your problem. Get an Easton z-carbon 95 wood stick in a modano curve, cut it to the same length as the iggy and see if the problems with stickhandling and shooting are fixed. Plus it's a lot cheaper than some of the other solutions.

You're not shooting a wrister properly if you don't roll the puck

It's sure I roll the puck a bit but not a lot. I don't roll the puck more than 5-6 inches on my blade when I make a wrister shot.

that what we call a ''quick release'' kovy...

well i use about 4-5 lie different(cuve) and i never had problem

and come on guys stick are to use(it normal that they get bad after a certain time) not to keep them on your wall and do like a trophy....

it normal that the blade get used after a while!!!!

well, I don't know if you get what i mean (since i don't really know how to explain it in english!!) but oh well...i'm going sleeping i got school tommorow!!!DAMN IT!!

that what we call a ''quick release'' kovy...

well i use about 4-5 lie different(cuve) and i never had problem

and come on guys stick are to use(it normal that they get bad after a certain time) not to keep them on your wall and do like a trophy....

it normal that the blade get used after a while!!!!

well, I don't know if you get what i mean (since i don't really know how to explain it in english!!) but oh well...i'm going sleeping i got school tommorow!!!DAMN IT!!

Yeah, but I always shoot like that in anytime, whether I have time or not.

Thanks for bringing this up Nick as I'm in the same boat as you.

I heard stick length affects lies as well. Is that true? My new stick is a 5.5 lie, but it's an inch or two longer and now all of a sudden I'm wearing down the heel.

Unfortunatley I don't know the lie of my old stick, so I wonder, did I pick the wrong lie or is the longer length affecting this?

Also, what is the average lie?

JT

The big question is, are you still growing? If so I'd only cut it a bit or let it be.