Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aussie Joe

Bauer Vapor XV Glove

Looking at picking up a pair of Vapor XV gloves soon. On the net pics though I have noticed that the inside of the index finger has a different color red to the rest of the glove. Is this because that particular area is covered in Nylon as apposed to leather?

http://www.epuck.com/storeDir/images/vaporxv_glove_full.jpg

Also, Im currently using 2002 Easton Ultra Lite (trad. look) gloves, If I bought the XV's what sort of differences would I be looking at?

Looking at my all black XVs, the materials are different in the two areas. In fact, there are three different materials. The top of the index, the side and the other fingers are all different.Each half of the thumb is also a different material, the right side is the same as the top of the index and the left side seems like leather like the rest of the fingers.

Edit:Just read the actual question, No its not nylon.

The different materials are just different kinds of synthetic plastic and leather covering. No nylon is on the glove, sadly. Good mitts regardless.

The XV is a very snug fitting glove when compared to the older model eastons. The XV is snug on the back of the hand, neutral fit in the fingers, and very mobile in the wrists. It would probably be the best glove for me if the fingers were tapered. The index finger is also a 3-piece unlike your ULs. Try them on and see if you like the fit. The bang-for-buck ratio for these gloves is unbeatable.

I went from my eastons air to XX a couples week back and trust me they are the best glove i ever got.And from what i heard the XV are as great and a bit cheaper.

Aussie Joe, are you from Australia ??? if so, what part, and do u play ice or inline or both ? this doesn't have any thing to do with your post but i was just curious...

Aussie Joe, are you from Australia ??? if so, what part, and do u play ice or inline or both ? this doesn't have any thing to do with your post but i was just curious...

I am indeed from Melbourne, AUSTRALIA the hockey capital of Aus. I've been bought up on inline with my closest rink being only a 10 min car drive from home. Sadly Ice rinks aren't as common in the West of Melbourne where I live as other parts.

Got back on the ice a few months ago after a very long lay off (years and years) and it seems my stopping skills on ice have all but disappeared. Was quite funny, I can imagine watching me try and stop like an Inliner.

I can't try out the XV's currently as none of my LHS's carry them. The newest pair of Bauer gloves I can find (*chuckles*) are a pair of 01', top of the line Supremes. I will have to pick up my XV's off Epuck as they are really the only online shop thats cheap and doesn't require a wire transfer.

Interesting fact about Aus Inline Hockey: the AILHA (IIHF affiliated assoc.) is the most popular and most competitive whereas RSA (FIRS affiliated assoc.) has poorer players and management.

Sorry to the Mods for my long post.