Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hoffer

Tour Code-1 skate 2009?

also no half sizes available. I like the idea of selling the skate cheaper with cheap wheels that I'd inevitably change anyways. The code one boot is super stiff and super light. I just didn't like the lack of ankle padding. I had some extra put into mine, but it pushed my foot a little too far forward which makes wearing them for more than one game uncomfortable.

The code one boot is super stiff and super light. I just didn't like the lack of ankle padding.

I'll agree that it is a light boot but dont find it all that stiff. Then again maybe that is just my opinion because my boot is starting to break down in less than a year.

the only way my code 1 boot has broken down is that it has broken in and has some decent forward flex to it.

Anyone notice these are $155 on the Canadian site as opposed to $199 on the American site?

The code one boot is super stiff and super light. I just didn't like the lack of ankle padding.

I'll agree that it is a light boot but dont find it all that stiff. Then again maybe that is just my opinion because my boot is starting to break down in less than a year.

+1

Mine were nice and supportive for about 6 months and then, as though they were deflated, completely broke down on me. Great boot though, don't get me wrong. Light, firm and I found the padding more than adequate (and I play defense), but I had just expected more from a, then, 2nd from top tier skate. Them breaking down just gave me an excuse to buy Code Carbons! :blink:

Mine have lot a good bit of stiffness compared to when brand new and the tongues are almost completely worn from the laces. I now get lace bite because my tongues, where the laces cross, have worn to the point where it's no thicker than my socks, literally. The entire boot overall is just not that stiff anymore. Some stitching is also coming undone on the side of the boot and on the tongue. I dont play more than maybe twice a week, but most of the time once. When I skate I skate hard and I dont weigh a ton (170ish).

The boot is not creasing, but then again, I skip the top eyelet, so I've never really had any boot crease on me per se.

looks just like the old code 1 but with a different "hologram" pattern, same frame, and different labedas

I actually have these skates, something that is very different about them is the very low tongue. This is something I am debating on getting replaced, it just feels weird. There is a fair bit of ankle padding in these, much more than my CCM 130ZG Ice skates have. The bearings are Bevo ABEC-9's and suck, I pulled the Bones Reds from my old Missions and like them A LOT more. I have no problem with the Labeda Grippers, I actually used them on my old skates, probably going to try Revision Gold/Gold when I wear these out (If I can find them). I'm also a heavier player (195lbs) by inline standards.