Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eagles39

For all You guitar Players

When reading a tab on a solo do I read it by line or do I read it by the way the numbers lead. I will post a link to the tab I want to play I am just not sure how to read it.

Here is the tab. http://www.mxtabs.net/tab_versions.php?pat...ken+Sound,31256

Do I read it by line of by the way the numbers come in order? Thanks.

Also what kind of guitars do you all play?

The lines represent the six strings of the guitar so just read them left to right and play the notes at the frets designated by the numbers. I sold most of my collection but I still have a Les Paul, a Strat and a couple of custom made guitars.

I am currently using a Fesnder Squier Strat that I got a few years ago. Since I became better I have added a hotrail instead of a single coil and I have had it rewired. I also have an Ovation acoustic.

I have DiMarzio HS3s in my stat and Rio Grande Half Breeds in my custom strat. The Half Breeds really sound good. My old ESP strat came with the vintage rails and I wasn't too impressed.

Just bought a new ESP Explorer damn sweet guitar. Gotta love that signature shape. Also when I got it I got Fender Noiseless pick up installed. Awesome pick up, no buzz at all.

Also gotta ass my Nocaster N.O.S. , that is the TOTAL gig guitar, nothin better for playing in a club, nice and light, with good sound and versatility(sp).

Signature shape? Maybe Gibson's signature shape. Never a big fan of Fender pickups, I was a DiMarzio boy for a long time but I like some of the Duncan stuff.

I have a Mohogany body tele with a maple neck, more tone than you can imagine. Right now it has a Humbucker in the neck and a single in the bridge that I'm thinking of switching to a H-H config.

Yeah ESP stole Gibson's shape, but they were the ones that it was made famous. I had DiMazio's in one of my old Strats, I thought they wee ok, but just not the pick up for me.

Also by H-H you mean dual humbuckers right? I was thinking of doing that with my Nocaster, if you do that with your Tele, could you e-mail me and tell me how it sounds?

Some of the DiMarzios are weak, you have to compare the output voltage and find something that's at least semi-powerful. The really high output ones tend to destroy the natural tone of the instrument. ESP knocked off the explorer shape like they did for every other shape, Gibson is the one everyone used from the late 50's on up. The big exception is Hetfield, and he's not much of a guitarist. If I route mine, I'll let you know.