Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gwyren

2008-2009 San Jose Sharks Thread

Wow.

I must say, the Sharks-Detroit game tonight was pretty exciting to see. Also, if someone had told me the Sharks would score six goals and Thornton would have no points I would not have believed them.

I keep waiting for them to skid...or have a 2-3 game stretch where they look human....it hasn't happened yet. Which, may be a bad thing...if you are going to skid you want it early or middle or the year...not late as you head to playoffs.

Then again, it may not happen at all for this team...they look really, really good.

Good to see Pavelski and Ehrhoff get off the schneid recently. The Sharks will need to keep getting the secondary and defensive contributions in order to keep winning.

The best in the west, east, and everywhere else!

I keep getting really worried that they are going to fall apart.

It sounds like Lemeiux had a good game last night. It will be interesting to see how the experiment holds up.

Watched the Det game and the VAN game... SJ won two of the best games I've seen this year. The team is exciting to watch. I miss Boyle. :(

That's the NHL's fault. He should have made the all-star game at least the year previous last season. BUT St Louis/Lecavalier were going and heaven forbid anyone have 3 players go to the allstar game if they aren't Montreal Canadians.

I keep waiting for them to skid...or have a 2-3 game stretch where they look human....it hasn't happened yet. Which, may be a bad thing...if you are going to skid you want it early or middle or the year...not late as you head to playoffs.

Then again, it may not happen at all for this team...they look really, really good.

Agreed. I also keep expecting them to have a skid, and hopefully now and not later.

I can't recall watching a team where the defence jumps into the play like Boyle and some of the other defencemen do.

Very exciting team to watch, and I hope they go all the way.

What's really nice is that the sharks aren't even at 100% yet. We still have a few of the boys out. Wait til Mitchell and Luko and everyone gets back...hopefully mitchell gets back, he hurt himself again in Worester

Hey Sharks fan -- Claude Lemieux/Ryan Clowe/Mike Grier (grit), Thormton/Marleau (skill), Boyle/Blake (Defense), Nabakov (goaltending), Setoguchi (youth), Roenick (Crazy Vet in search of 1st cup) -- believe it -- Sharks have it all this year! Stanley Cup is going to San Jose!!!

Hey Sharks fan -- Claude Lemieux/Ryan Clowe/Mike Grier (grit), Thormton/Marleau (skill), Boyle/Blake (Defense), Nabakov (goaltending), Setoguchi (youth), Roenick (Crazy Vet in search of 1st cup) -- believe it -- Sharks have it all this year! Stanley Cup is going to San Jose!!!

I sure hope so, but they really need to get back on, cause that game against Chicago was terrible. But I'm sure coach will have a remedy for the problem, we always bounce back after one of those loses

I'm a sharks fan, but not convinced they are the real deal yet. I know they have the stats that say otherwise, but only a trip to the finals will matter.

I'm a sharks fan, but not convinced they are the real deal yet. I know they have the stats that say otherwise, but only a trip to the finals will matter.

Exactly, a division championship banner and a great regular season record doesn't mean anything if it doesn't conclude with the raising of the cup

I'm a hardcore Sharks fan and I've always been worried when it comes to the playoffs. This year looks promising, but sometimes they're still inconsistent. They beat the better teams but lose to the weakest teams. I hope it's because they just don't try as hard. The 6-0 shut out in Detroit was a slap to the face, good thing they got that win back, back at home. Last night after beating the Bruins, that should help their mentality. They're on a start of a long road trip, so hopefully they can keep up with this momentum. They play the Penguins tonight, so we'll see. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SHARKS!!!

Man, I really want to know what's going on with them, they can't seem to close out any games as of late and have to always play from behind. They really need to get it together.