Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kpeach122

Roller hockey rink

I'd imagine the price will vary significantly depending on the type of surface you are intent on using as well as whether you intend on using Plexiglas or chain link fencing around the top of the boards. Probably can end up being as expensive of as cheap as you want to make it.

I'd be interested in knowing that too.

I do know this... in my city there used to be a rink in a park that was basically two tennis courts with wooden walls around it. They took the nets out of the ground and filled in the holes with quick-crete.

It was rough and there were no amenities. You usually picked up trash and sticks before skating and often us that played there often would bring materials to repair the nets and boards ourself's.

But it was a place to play or just skate around shooting at the nets anytime you felt like it as long as it wasn't raining.

The parks & rec department dismantled it cause they claimed it cost aprox. $10,000 per year to maintain the rink and it was seldom used.

Now theres a indoor rink at a city owned sports club that you have to pay to play at.

The parks & rec department dismantled it cause they claimed it cost aprox. $10,000 per year to maintain the rink and it was seldom used.

Now theres a indoor rink at a city owned sports club that you have to pay to play at.

Dont you hate that. You have a great place to skate for free and have fun, then the town dismantles it although they really do nothing to it in terms of renovations and just leave that spot were the rink used to be for nothing. Its a shame

We have 2 outdoor roller hockey rinks here in my town in MI, they are pretty nice and I still dont see how it could cost them 10,000 a year to maintain. Thats redicilous.

Anyone know the approx. cost of making a roller hockey facility?

Talk about an open ended question.

But FYI:

-20,000 sq ft of sport court = $80,000.00 new

-180ft X 80 ft Boards with standard accesories = low end $80,000.00 new

-200ft X 125ft metal building, open expanse = min $225,000.00 new (without options, i.e. A/C-offices-locker rooms-bath rooms)

-200ft X 125ft foundation = min $50,000.00

-2 Acres = $80,000.00

-black top parking lot = $35,000.00

All this depends upon many variables, including lacation. Also, is approximations.

I own 12 acres and had priced builidng a rink on my front pasture, and these are some approximations of what I found. Boards and floor you can usually find used somewhere between 20k to 40k.