Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Speed Demon

Did t'blades make you skate faster?

Did you find T blades made you skate faster?  

100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Do you have a friend who has T'blades that maybe you could try out? Do you have good sharpeners in your area? I never noticed a lack of feel with my T'blades, but I never felt an increased feel from any of the other holders I tried (basically everything).

Do you have a friend who has T'blades that maybe you could try out?

No, unfortunately, I don't.

Here is basically what I have come up with for T Blades:

Why to get them:

If your blade sharpener sucks

Look unique/cool/pimp

Why not to get them:

Chadd told me that he has seen a friend of his step on a puck and he had to replace the runner. So obviously durability.

Other than that, they are just the same as pretty much any other blades.

However, does the 40% increased glide actually work?

Here is the bottom line, Guys in the NHL do this for a living and many of them are fighting to keep/get jobs with a team. If one piece of hardware was clearly better than the others, everyone in the NHL/AHL etc...would use it because any they want every advantage that they can get. If it were true that T-Blades made you skate faster, everyone would have them (or any other blade system for that matter). It all comes back to personal preference and slight differences in hardware, but nothing that really changes the outcome of a game let alone a single moment of play in a game.

Dexy,

I have used T-blades for the last couple of years and I'm a big fan. Yes, T-blades do glide better than regular steel which is the main attraction for me. I like 3/8 hollow, yet on traditional steel such an aggresive hollow glides like a cinder block on warm asphalt. The T-blades give me the agility of a deep hollow and the glide of a lesser hollow. The best of both worlds for me. T-blades do contribute slightly to speed and quickness, yet the operative word is slightly. However, I have absolute confidence in my edges with T-blades which is psychologically satisfying. I have recently been forced to skate on regular steel and couldn't wait to get back on T-blades.

Ice feel feels fine to me, but I am used to T-blades too. It took me about 2 skates to get the feel of them and after that I haven't looked back. Durabilty with the edges has been great. Overall I think T-blades are a great product. Just be prepared for a lot of "roller disco" skate comments. :D

I think it may be a bit more complicated than: put on Tblades and viola! you skate faster. when i first used them, i noticed that 1) i sat a little higher up off the ice, 2) since the chassis is much ligter, it seemed i had to use less energy to skate, 3) the glide was much better than on ahy other skate i had ever used

do they make you faster? maybe a little

do they improve your sped and quickness with light weight, etc? i think so, at least for me

is it half mental? most definately

Really can't add much from what others have said but T-Blades for me and my son have just been the best thing in the world.

He is a Bantam and I am...a 35 year old guy. The most important thing is consistency. PERIOD. Every time you skate, they feel exactly the same. To me, even if it wasn't as good, I would learn to know exactly how they felt and develop or learn to love that feeling. - That being said, they also feel better to us. My son's glide has improved a ton and mine is very obvious as well. I don't think they make either of us quicker from starting but once we are at higher speeds, you stay there longer. I have gone back and forth as I actually don't like the looks of the colored TBlades(which I had and i think they make you look slow). I went back to my Graf's with CObra's and my NIKE's with Lightspeeds. The Grafs have even been contoured to fit my height, weight, apex or balance point thing-a-ma jig area in my foot. I just want the best skate and with no question, the TBlades were the better performing and feeling guy. And this may make some of the purists(purests?) hate me, but I mounted the TBlades on my Mission D-1C's. You see, I didn't want to screw around with my 705's and the Nike's I have someone who really wants to buy them. SO I put new White TBlades on the missions and they are just perfect. My son is on Vectors where the TBlades came stock. He had Vapor XX's with contoured Lightspeeds and with him as well, TBlades all the way.

Graf rep on East coast and the one in WOsconsin are both singing the same tune....5 years and everyone will be using them. I don't know about that but we'll see. Oh yeah, the sound disappeared with both mine and my sons after about 3 or 4 weeks.

Rexxy

JR,

You and only a couple of people have a clue who Ruotsalainen was. Why I always loved him, not real sure. I understand the "Rental" adjective but what does the Plexxi mean?

Just want some more info on my 4'8" New York Ranger defenseman...and Stanley Cup Champion I might add.

Here is the bottom line, Guys in the NHL do this for a living and many of them are fighting to keep/get jobs with a team. If one piece of hardware was clearly better than the others, everyone in the NHL/AHL etc...would use it because any they want every advantage that they can get. If it were true that T-Blades made you skate faster, everyone would have them (or any other blade system for that matter). It all comes back to personal preference and slight differences in hardware, but nothing that really changes the outcome of a game let alone a single moment of play in a game.

entire teams skate with t'blades in Europe... if that means anything... im not saying they will make you faster but obviously theres something about them thats catching on... im hoping ill like them too on my G5s

I just carry around a large fart-pipe style muffler with me when I am on the ice. I figure that if they can add 50hp to all those cool Civics around town then they gotta be able to do something for my skating power. Give me a couple of Greddy and HKS stickers and I am the fastest guy on the ice!

:lol: LMAO. Man, those silly kids with their civics/neons/whateverthefucks...It's hysterical to see those kids with mufflers I can fit my head in pretending to be badass 'cause they got a muffler and some RalliArt stickers on their Honda Civic hatches.

Speaking of which, I remember this one time I saw some guy with RalliArt, STi, Mugen Power and Nismo stickers all on his car. Maybe it was his hit list - cars he's beaten in races. :rolleyes:

For the extra $20-30K those guys put into their cars, they could be buying a better car...you know, say a BMW or an Audi...

This is true, but then I don't understand why almost everyone in the NHL is using a Synergy/Response/M-1/Every other OPS, because using one sure didn't make Joe 4th Liner, Craig Darby or even a guy with some semblance of offensive talent like Jason Blake a 50 goal scorer. Al MacInnis went back to using wood and you didn't see everyone rushing back to wood sticks because they thought it would make them shoot like Chopper. Hell Freddie Modin shoots harder than Chopper and still uses wood...

Spiel being done, 90% of any performance gain we get from a piece of equipment is probably mental, and I'm willing to bet that 99% of us on this board has purchased a piece of equipment because we thought/think that it would/does make us do X/Y/Z better. t'blades are no exception.

one kid on my team has the reatrded t blades. When he stops it sounds like a cow dying or sumthin.. I swear i wanna saw the tblades off and put normal ones on.