Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

smtevo

Lightest Roller Skates?

What are the lightest roller hockey skates out there right now. I went to try the RBK 8k's out today at my LHS and they seemed very heavy. How are the CCM v08's?

You want light?

Go buy an S15 boot and then add a mag chasis or maybe some sprungs. Roller hockey skates are not ice skates. The wheels and frames add weight no way around it. I think a composite ice boot with a roller frame is your best chance at light.

Just a guess but probably the lightest STOCK skate would be the wicked 1. Even through all it's problems it is undoubtedly an amazingly light skate.

As for current model skates, probably Boss Blacks especially if you swapped the wheels for something lighter.

Just remember, skates always feel lighter when there on your feet, and the better the fit the lighter they will feel again.

I would say that if you want light-weight, DON'T go with Mission. I personally love their skates because of the hi-lo chassis, and own both the Wicked-1 and Boss models, but when I compare them to other skates in my shop, they are extremely heavy. RBK, CCM, and Bauer are all lighter. Tour can get heavy, depending on which model, but they also make lighter skates. But like someone else mentioned, you won't feel as much difference when they're on your feet.

My Vapor XXXXs with a Mag Vanguard frame weigh 1240g each using 608 swiss lite bearings and Rink Rat Hornets. My RBK 8k skates weigh in at 1380g each.

damm that's obession.

I have vector 10.0 ice skates with a vanguard hi-lo MG frame. dunno what the weigh, but at some point I'll try to weigh mine with rink rat hotshot wheels.

I took the MG frame of my Mission Boss skates (last years model), the Vector 10.0 iceboot is definantely lighter than the Boss boot.

Remember to state skate size, otherwise it's not a valid comparison

My Vapor XXXXs with a Mag Vanguard frame weigh 1240g each using 608 swiss lite bearings and Rink Rat Hornets. My RBK 8k skates weigh in at 1380g each.

In my case, both skates were 8D

thanks guys for all the responses, I just ended up getting the CCM v08's and they are pretty light, lighter than my bauers at least. Thanks for all the feedback.