Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ahbroody

need help dealing with itchy forehead

My 3 year old has long hair and he wont cut it. It is to his eyebrows in the front and mid neck to shoulders in back.

Mainly when skating at rollerhockey class he gets an itchy forehead. He really doesent get it at Ice skating class so it appears to be heat related. I bought an underarmor skull cap today but dont think its going to work as he was scratching when he put it on. Any ideas or anyone have this issue?

Thinking of switching his plexi cage to metal for increased airflow.

I suppose you could always push his fringe back so that it is inside his helmet. I know when my hair was a bit longer that the friction between my helmet and my sweaty hair would make my forehead red and itchy.

You said three year old... your taking orders from a three year old. O K A Y ...

Cutting the hair would be a start.

Tucking it up under the helmet would be something to try.

Get getting used to an itchy forehead would be the cure.

Thanks Clark that actually worked for the most part today. Just had tore do it once at water break. He went the whole lesson without the itch.

The under armor piece was to big and shifed almost immediatley when the helmet was on so I took it off. His head was pretty sweaty after class but no itching issues.

You said three year old... your taking orders from a three year old. O K A Y ...

I agree. Sack up and be the boss. Tell Jr. to get a hair cut, or deal with the itch if he loves his long hair. Lots of hockey players have long hair:

0013729e4ad9096bbc9a07.jpg

Field thank you for posting a pick of what clark recommended and I already said I did and thanked clark for. I am pretty sure you didnt realize you were doing this but good job. Reading before posting is always good.

The picture shows they all pull their hair back.

As for giving me parental advice when you dont have kids, its like sitting in the stands and telling someone how to play the game. If you do have kids and raise them in that manner I am sorry for them.

But hell my 14 years of police work 6 of which was spent dealing with youth, years as a parent and doctorate degree fail in comparison to the logic some have put forth. There are fights that are important and you pursue as a parent and there are fights you dont bother with. If and when some of you have children you will discover this. Or maybe you wont and your kids will be model of this. A family is a group and should not be seen as a dictatorship more like a republic with the prents being the executive and legislative branch and the children are the citizens.

Again thank you clark. Your recomendation worked and was helpful. Yes I know this post will catch heat and I expect it so have a ball.

Field thank you for posting a pick of what clark recommended and I already said I did and thanked clark for. I am pretty sure you didnt realize you were doing this but good job. The picture shows they all pull their hair back.

No kidding, that's why I posted it

As for giving me parental advice when you dont have kids, its like sitting in the stands and telling someone how to play the game.

That's a pretty bold assumption based on absolutely ZERO facts

If you do have kids and raise them in that manner I am sorry for them.

How I choose to raise children, if I truly raise them at all, is really none of your concern. What you think of any parenting skills I may or may not have has no effect on me.

But hell my 14 years of police work...

14 years of police work? Let's hope you didn't jump to assumptions based on lack of evidence, as you did earlier in this post.

A family is a group and should not be seen as a dictatorship more like a republic with the prents being the executive and legislative branch and the children are the citizens.

I actually agree with that. But until they are old enough to fully understand the concept of sacrifice, as well as give and take, you should show leadership. Although even with a democratic process, sometimes the citizens have to follow rules they never had a voice in.

Again thank you clark. Your recomendation worked and was helpful. Yes I know this post will catch heat and I expect it so have a ball.

bringing this back on topic....

this may seem like an obvious solution, and maybe you tried this, but try over-the-counter cortizone cream... i play with long hair (covers my eyebrows in the front), and during allergy season (spring/summer), it seems to irritate my forehead more than in the winter/fall, even though i play only ice, so it's not temperature related for me. have you had him tested for allergies? if he's having a seasonal skin problem, he may be having allergies. i'm allergic to just about everything, so i'm down with all the remedies!

s4 i will give that a try.

He does have sesonal exima but it flares up in the winter. He gets it from his mother. He has a prescription for a topical cream and we have some other over the counter stuff with cortizone in it.

If his forehead starts getting red now that we are pulling the hair back I will give it a shot.

As to the field it would be wasted effort to reply and would derail the thread further. In my line of work you learn when to not bother.