Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OldNSlow

.5 difference in lie

same situation as me........bunch of my sticks are all different lengths (play defense sometimes).....lie you cannot change without buying new stick...stick length you can change by cutting

Will "lie" change by cutting stick length?

No, the angle between the shaft and the blade cannot be changed by cutting the end of the shaft. That angle cannot be changed on a composite stick. For any given stick length there is a correct lie for each person and for any given lie there is a correct stick length. If you prefer a shorter stick you will need a different lie than someone that uses a longer stick.

same situation as me........bunch of my sticks are all different lengths (play defense sometimes).....lie you cannot change without buying new stick...stick length you can change by cutting

Cutting the stick will not change the lie of the stick with respect to the playing surface. However, the position of the blade on the surface while a player holds the stick will change depending on the length of the stick. Therefore, if you generally use a 50" stick with a 5 lie, and you want to try using a shorter stick, than you may have to buy a stick having a 5.5 lie (i believe this would be correct) to compensate, i.e., in order to have the blade lie (no pun intended) on the playing surface in a way that you are typically familiar with.

Cutting the stick will not change the lie of the stick with respect to the playing surface. However, the position of the blade on the surface while a player holds the stick will change depending on the length of the stick. Therefore, if you generally use a 50" stick with a 5 lie, and you want to try using a shorter stick, than you may have to buy a stick having a 5.5 lie (i believe this would be correct) to compensate, i.e., in order to have the blade lie (no pun intended) on the playing surface in a way that you are typically familiar with.

That is exactly correct.