Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

turcotte44

Cage Injuries

hi, im using an itech rbe111 cage and often, when i get hit hard to the head, well jaw area, my chin cup comes up with force and cuts my chin, does anybody have any solutions, btw, yes my help is properly adjusted and i do have side clips, i got it checked by a lhs.

My friend used to wear it loose so he could like lift the chin cup likeon the front his chin (right under your mouth) and than he got rocked and needed stiches. He jus tightened it up and it worked out for him. Maybe you could try a new chin cup or something.

The Itech chin cups are horrible. I have a bunch of cups left over from a couple of my old 1-Xcel combos, so I use them. I'm hoping it won't be an issue with the 8000, though.

IMO, I don't find the Itech chin cup horrible.

I guess its personal prefrence (like everything else in the game). I find them to be too firm and somewhat abrasive.

for the moment ive got a sponge glued to my chin cup to protect my stitches to not open it up again, would there be any chin cups thats the same kind of idea, like a softer cup that would offer more soft and less painful

You could try a Nike Chin Shield that is made for football chin straps if you could figure out how to get it on. I use them for football and mades the chinstraps much softer and comfortable.

Nike Chin Shield

I had a jofa do the same thing. I hit someone too hard I guess, and the chin area cracked and cut my under the chin, still have a scare, small, but it still there, not much I can do about it now.

Your chin cup is supposed to fit snugly against your chin, eliminating the possibility of it "coming up and hitting your chin" with any force.

That being said, I know everyone in the world either wears their cage loose or too big, so you can drink water and chirp at the refs and the bad guys.

I've been popped (hit or high sticked) and had my chin split 3 times. The stuff just happens. Once you do it the first time it WILL happen again because of the scar tissue. It sucks. Oh yeah I have split my chin with 3 separate cages, the Itech old school cage RBE ??, the old Jofa and the Jofa 480 so I really don't think it is the fault of one chin cup in particular. I do wear my cage loose though ;)

Agreed, Joshy - I fit every kid with the chin cup snug.

Also a little advice for you guys...CHANGE YOUR CHIN CUPS FREQUENTLY...the zits all over your chin are not attractive...