Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OllieCCM

New Reebok Stick Line

Yeah, I guess it really depends on what you define as a "true" OPS. I always thought that a true OPS would be a single mold, with no insertion of a blade during any part of the manufacturing process. But the 10k does have a layer of lacquer or polymer or something over the fuse point to make it feel smooth. But I also don't think that the carbon they put over the fuse point is one piece either because you can see that they just line it up so it appears that way.

Yeah, I guess it really depends on what you define as a "true" OPS. I always thought that a true OPS would be a single mold, with no insertion of a blade during any part of the manufacturing process. But the 10k does have a layer of lacquer or polymer or something over the fuse point to make it feel smooth. But I also don't think that the carbon they put over the fuse point is one piece either because you can see that they just line it up so it appears that way.

The 10k is a true Ops. The line you see isn't a fuse line but a partition line in the mold. Take a close look and you'll see a partition line on all true OPS sticks in the market.

Hrm, weird. I mean, don't get me wrong I LOVE the sticks and will continue to use them, but after I went though a few of them and put in new blades they reallllllly didn't appear to be a true OPS. I'll just take your word for it I guess, and I'll post pics later today or tomorrow in regards to what I'm talking about :)

The 10k is a true Ops. The line you see isn't a fuse line but a partition line in the mold. Take a close look and you'll see a partition line on all true OPS sticks in the market.

Calling them "true OPS" is still a misnomer as the blades and shafts are formed individually and then joined.

Yeah, I guess it really depends on what you define as a "true" OPS. I always thought that a true OPS would be a single mold, with no insertion of a blade during any part of the manufacturing process.

Exactly. No assembly should be done on any stick that claims to be a true OPS.

Here are a few pics of what I'm talking about, just took them:

fn7gpf.jpg

vzbpj5.jpg

This is exactly where I cut the other two that broke, and any tapered blades now fit in perfectly. Like I said before, I love the sticks and plan to keep buying them, but I really don't think that they are a true OPS. Just my .2 cents.

I guess I'd consider a "true OPS" to be a stick that isn't a two-piece with epoxy. Meaning that the joint is very near the heel of the blade to save weight and improve balance.

Is there really any benefit for having the entire stick one piece without any kind of joint?

I guess I'd consider a "true OPS" to be a stick that isn't a two-piece with epoxy. Meaning that the joint is very near the heel of the blade to save weight and improve balance.

Is there really any benefit for having the entire stick one piece without any kind of joint?

Thats it too, I highly doubt that there is any difference in performance between two top tier sticks, one being one molded piece, and one being fused at the factory, other than aesthetics.

hey guys,

just got myself a 10k no grip, havent tried it out tho yet....

i was going to get an 8k....

can anyone highlight the differences between the 2 sticks?

the 8k felt just as light as the 10k....

The 10k weighs approximately 425g-430g depending on the curve while the 8k weighs 450g-455g. The 10k has Pure Fiber Technology (True OPS) for maximum energy transfer and a higher density of carbon for more precision & control. Both are ultra-premium sticks designed for elite level players but the 10k gives you that extra edge in performance.

My 10k Spezza 87 flexes, grippy, are approx 415. The 8k in Crosby 87 is approx 440. The 10k is insane, IMO, the best sticks ever, so long as you don't take a lot of slappers.