Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AeoNKiNG

Best place to buy wheels?

Hey, I have found inlinewarehouse to not have too good of a selection of wheels and I am looking for a better place. Possibly a place that has more than one color for each hardness (for example, I do not like the purple Labeda Millenium 74A, but can't get orange because that is hardness 76A). Or is this impossible because wheel manufacturers only make one color for each hardness at any given time?

Hey, I have found inlinewarehouse to not have too good of a selection of wheels and I am looking for a better place. Possibly a place that has more than one color for each hardness (for example, I do not like the purple Labeda Millenium 74A, but can't get orange because that is hardness 76A). Or is this impossible because wheel manufacturers only make one color for each hardness at any given time?

Your latter statement is correct. Labeda makes the 74A in purple and the 76A in orange, not the stores stocking problem. Aside from the poor color choices, the wheels are really good. I have the orange ones and have been using them for a while now without any problems

haha yeah when I came to that conclusion I sucked it up and rocked the pink dynasty's for a while. Its funny when people laugh at your pink wheels when you step on the rink, then after you're stopping and starting so much quicker than they are, they ask you where you got them. :D

thehomez -- I could definitely use the orange wheels, but I figure since I am only 155 lbs. I should stick to 74A. Not being the heaviest guy would probably make the 76A a lot less grippy than 74A. Do you think the difference between the two would be noticeable for me? I have never used any wheels but 74A.

vnderachiever -- Props to you for using the pink wheels haha! Although I think the pink wheels could actually look cool if you've got the right skates -- all black skates with silver chassis they might look better than the purple milleniums. Plus, when you own people wearing pink wheels you must feel like the man haha.

So I take it you both get your wheels from inlinewarehouse?

Haha thanks for the props. I actually have the 2008 boss and the 09 cobalt Q. Im not too worried about color coordinating lol. I actually use a LHS to get my wheels, just because I play a minimum of 10 hrs a week so i blow thru wheels like singles at a strip joint. Try rollerhockeymonkey.com They're usually pretty mainstream on wheel prices.

http://rollerhockeymonkey.com/roller-hocke...lite-wheel.html

Check those wheels out, I've heard some good things from smaller guys on my team, and at 4 bucks a wheel thats not bad. (I'm 6'2 270 so I can't try them myself lol)

thehomez -- I could definitely use the orange wheels, but I figure since I am only 155 lbs. I should stick to 74A. Not being the heaviest guy would probably make the 76A a lot less grippy than 74A. Do you think the difference between the two would be noticeable for me? I have never used any wheels but 74A.

vnderachiever -- Props to you for using the pink wheels haha! Although I think the pink wheels could actually look cool if you've got the right skates -- all black skates with silver chassis they might look better than the purple milleniums. Plus, when you own people wearing pink wheels you must feel like the man haha.

AeonKing, I would definitely recommend AGAINST you getting the 76A for two reasons. One is that you have never used anything but 74A's and the other is that for your weight the 76A's would be too hard and not grippy enough (I use them bc i'm 6'5" and 210lbs). My friend who is about 150-155 uses the Labeda 74A's and loves them. I would recommend the 74A's because of those reasons. I know you don't like the purple color much but in honesty the color of the wheels don't really stand out when you are skating on them because they are mostly clear and have a minor tint to them. And yes I did get mine at inlinewarehouse but you might want to also check out epuck and hockeymonkey. Good luck with the purchase!

AeonKing, I would definitely recommend AGAINST you getting the 76A for two reasons. One is that you have never used anything but 74A's and the other is that for your weight the 76A's would be too hard and not grippy enough (I use them bc i'm 6'5" and 210lbs)

I'd go against the entire "too hard" thing, I used the same set of 76a hotshots that came stock on the RBK 6K's for a year and never had any complaints regarding grip on sport court and I only weigh around 120lbs...

AeonKing, I would definitely recommend AGAINST you getting the 76A for two reasons. One is that you have never used anything but 74A's and the other is that for your weight the 76A's would be too hard and not grippy enough (I use them bc i'm 6'5" and 210lbs)

I'd go against the entire "too hard" thing, I used the same set of 76a hotshots that came stock on the RBK 6K's for a year and never had any complaints regarding grip on sport court and I only weigh around 120lbs...

Good point. I should have gone the whole its personal preference route but given that the OP has never skated on anything aside from 74A's I wouldn't recommend he step up to 76A's solely based on the color of the wheels...

yeah, it's all personal preference. You already know you like a 74A, so maybe check out something other than labeda in a 74A? see what you think, maybe in a rink rat you can go a little harder to save durability. Expand your experience with wheels and see what fits you. Everyone is going to swear by a different wheel for a different reason :)

Some 74a wheels I looked at are really cheap but I have not heard much about them so I am skeptical about getting them. Revision axis ghost, rink rat VT 733, Labeda Gripper -- anyone ever used any of these?

I've used the Grippers and really like them. I usually use the white ones due to the clear being too soft for my weight. They are a great wheel for the price.