Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sid

Need help

I know this has been disscussed before but I could not find the topic in the search. I recently bought some Inno pro stock and they are great but the are coming loose in the shaft. I had read that you wrap some tape around them to fit but when I tried that the fit was too tight and the tape bunched up and would not fit. I may have wrapped it too many times 2-3. Any advice??????

Thanks Sid

Assuming it's on the broad sides of the hosel where it's loose, I loop one strip from one side, over the top, and down the rest. No bunching. If that's too tight, loop it over one side and stop before you get to the other side.

I had blades that wouldn't sit right in a shaft and I started loading the shaft with glue rather than putting the glue on the hosel of the blade. I heat the end of the shaft and put the glue in the shaft...then I heat the glue that is already on the blade and as I slide it in, it seems to spread the glue that is packed in the shaft tightly along the hosel.

It does tend to leave a clump of glue that will eventually break away and rattle around (unless you use your still with no end plug like I do). Haven't had a loose blade since I started doing it this way.

Assuming it's on the broad sides of the hosel where it's loose, I loop one strip from one side, over the top, and down the rest. No bunching. If that's too tight, loop it over one side and stop before you get to the other side.

I agree. That worked with my Inno blade.

Luckily I haven't run into many problems with their blades not fitting. The worst ones I've run into are a lost of the GI Z-Carbs because they're too fat for the shaft and just a pain to work with.

I think the reason that the Inno blade may be too thin is that it could be the tapered blade. Inno has a shaft that has two kickpoints. Each end of the stick has a different sizing. One side is for a standard blade and the other is for a tapered blade. Like I said I had the same problem with the Inno blades but I did not purchase them, my friend gave them to me.

That's a good point. I forgot about that shaft and the only ones I've used are the old SMU/pro ones from Hockey Outlet.

I heat the end of the shaft and put the glue in the shaft...then I heat the glue that is already on the blade and as I slide it in, it seems to spread the glue that is packed in the shaft tightly along the hosel.

What kind of glue do you use?