Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eazy_b97

Pop-Up Blockers

I was using the Web-crawler toolbar for a while, but had some difficulties about a month or so ago and haven't been able to fix it. I'm looking for something fairly simple that won't slow down my computer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

the one I use is called "Stop the Pop" you can search for it in google. Its very easy to use. Mines killed 1,710,172 pop-ups so far. Only thing is you have to hold the ctrl key to open IE and other windows when you click links. After a week or so it becomes second nature so I'm fine with it.

I use the Google toolbar, I love it, doesn't get in the way, and has a great pop-up feature. I heared about it while watching CNN or something, said it was one of the best toolbars out there.

Great, I opted for the Google Toolbar, seems to be very similar to the webcrawler, and It's working out perfectly. Thanks again for the help.

I've been using Mozilla firebird as a browser and you have to enable any site you want to have a popup. It's really fast, as well.

Guest phillyfan

I have been using "Popswatter." Works great, have not had an annoying ad since it was downloaded. Only downside is that when there is a link, I click on it, and it is suppose to come up in a new window, it prevents that from happening.

I have been using "Popswatter." Works great, have not had an annoying ad since it was downloaded. Only downside is that when there is a link, I click on it, and it is suppose to come up in a new window, it prevents that from happening.

I also use that blocker. It works well enough but could be easier to use effectively. Another one that worked well for me was Pop-Up XP. it only works for XP, but it does a pretty good job.