Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DangerIsGo

Goalie Cup Sizing

A few weeks ago, when playing open hockey, I got a nice nut hit (ow :o ) and needed to get a new cup. I went to consignment sports and got a Vaughn Epic 8800 Double Cup (good protection) but unfortunately, its a one size fits all. Since ive been losing weight, my waist and thighs have been shrinking. So after getting the cup, im finding that the bands are too big for my waist and thigh. Is is safe to use it? Should I return it? I'm not sure what to do. Should I return it and get another one? Anyone been there and have any recommendations? It's unused. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Last time I checked, you can't return a jock...anyways... as mentioned above, simply fold the waist band and sew it. That's what I did when my old jock got stretched out.

As I see it, you should be able to make a few different adjustments to the thigh and especially waist band to give it a tighter fit like the man said. If you don't sew, use a few safety pins or tape after you double up a certain length of the waist band.

I have long worn the Itech Goalie Jock shorts as the last line of family jewels defense. Your outer shorts/pants if not to tight will be the first cushion of course until you are on your ass on the ice and then the shot comes in low. Then I have one of those nice wide goalie cups abdomen protectors that I wear a little loose anyway to absorb some shock and lastly the Goalie Jock has a small foam cup that fits maybe a little too snug but I have not gotten around to finding a new one in a 36 rather than a 32. See I may have the opposite problem as you but I don't think I want to trade cups. No really. You keep it.

See I may have the opposite problem as you but I don't think I want to trade cups. No really. You keep it.

:lol: Very funny :)

Anyways, I was able to fold over the bands and sewed (As gay as it sounds, I do need to improve my sewing skills because I like to mod things, and modding my equipment in the future would require some bit of sewing skills, heh) to shorten them. I also took Law's advice and took out the shock doctor secondary cup and put it in a set of compression shorts. Works very nicely.