Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

twes14

Best Gloves

I have to buy a pair of gloves for a new team im on now and not quite sure what to get. I was thinking of buying a pair of Eagle X5 gloves. Does anyone have anything to say about these gloves or maybe even a suggestion on another pair of gloves?

Had a pair of Eagle X5 or X6. Didn't really like it too much. Thought the fingers were too short and the gloves didn't flex easily enough. Guess it really depends what kind of glove you are used to.

Gloves and fitting are all personnel preference so go to your LHS. I am big on eagles and really like the ppf’s. Nothing for me beats the range of motion in the tufftek ppf’s I also have had a couple pairs of X70’s, there not bad either. I have also tried my friends Mission Commander Blacks and there really nice as well.

I had some old Mission Warp 4s that I loved but lost one. I just got some Bauer XVI's and have tried them one. Good feel. Flexible fingers. Good protection. Look good. One negative is they are noticeably hotter though.

Can't comment for the one95 gloves, but used a pair of one90s for nearly two years and found them to be a good choice for roller. Light and flexible, quite cool on the hands too. Based on that, I'd definitely consider the one95s, although I will say that the protection was only adequate in comparison to other gloves I've used, and the palm could do with being improved as I found it to be a little less durable than I had hoped. You may also want to try the 90/95s on first as the fit isn't for everyone...

I have been using a pair of all black nike bauer xxxx pro gloves for the last year and LOVE them....very soft....not padded too much and are vented pretty good so they are great for roller...i am very happy with them

some people say they are too rounded in shape and look weird...but they fit me perfect.

I actually wanted a pair of eagles but the xxxx pro's fit me perfectly so i bought them instead...even tough i really wanted eagles. the fit was just too good not to get and i dont regret it at all.

I would say buy what fits the best. everyone has a different size/shape hand so just get what feels best for you! go to every hockey store you can find and try on every glove you can!

good luck!

i got a pair of warrior dolomite gloves, they are nice but they run a big on sizing. I have 15' mission and they are a good fit then got dolomite glove 15's and they are huge, might wanna go a size smaller than u are used to