Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

D3nZ

Glue Stick For Blades

My blades were getting loose so I bought a stick of glue but how the hell am I supposed to put glue on my blade and inside my shaft?!?

heat up the glue, rub it on the hosel and put it back in the shaft. Obviously you need to take the blade out of the shaft first.

To heat the glue you'll need a heat gun. Go to a hardware store and ask for one. It will run you about $20-30. It's basically an industrial strength hair dryer. It just get's much hotter.

Take it and heat up the joint where your blade and shaft meet. Hold the nozzle of the gun about 2-3 inches away. VERY IMPORTANT- KEEP IT MOVING!!! If you just point and hold you'll melt everything together and maybe start a fire. Keep moving the gun across the joint and keep turning the stick. Don't heat just one point you've got to heat evenly. Too much heat will damage the stick. After about a minute or so, grab the blade and try to pull it out. It should gradually slide out.

To put the new one in, just grab a glue stick, heat it with the heat gun, and smear it onto the hossel and inside the stick. When you join the two back, heat up both ends and then slide them together. Let the whole thing cool naturally, don't stick it into the fridge or anything to speed it up, and then your set. If you've used enough glue then it should feel ok when you get it out on the ice. If it's loose you'll be able to grab the blade and wiggle it inside the shaft.

Good luck but don't use too much heat!

I use my stove and it works fine. Just don't turn it up past medium and keep the shaft like 6" above the burner so that it doesn't get damaged.

Yeah I did it at home with the stove, I heated the glue and sprayed it on the blades, I hope everything works out well and the blades don't get loose like they did with the Inno glue.

If you have an extra $20, a heatgun is worth the investment. The stove element will work if you need to but you can throw the heatgun in your bag in case you need to change a blade at the rink. Not all rinks have proshops, but most have electrical outlets.

As far as the hairdryer thing goes.....when I was younger, I pissed off my mom many times burning out the motors. Do your mom a favor and don't use the hairdryer. :P

hahahaha...the hairdryer...I was usin one of those, and decided that it was too slow so I grabbed another one and plugged it into the same outlet....and you probably know the rest

If you have an extra $20, a heatgun is worth the investment.

The hockey team will have one with them (if I make the team) so no need to buy one for myself.

If you have an extra $20, a heatgun is worth the investment. The stove element will work if you need to but you can throw the heatgun in your bag in case you need to change a blade at the rink. Not all rinks have proshops, but most have electrical outlets.

As far as the hairdryer thing goes.....when I was younger, I pissed off my mom many times burning out the motors. Do your mom a favor and don't use the hairdryer. :P

lol,How the Fuck could u blow out the motors :P ?????

Ya i used my hairdryer and my moms a hair fnatic so she has a really powerful one and it works great.But then i needed to by a heatgun because i was working on somthing at my beach house and it was a bbig project fro me so ya thats how i got my heatgun my first and hopfully not only.............................