Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kenneth

any shops in GTA do custom sidas?

Did you have to trim down the heel of the Footbalance insoles to get them to fit in your skate? I recently purchased a pair myself to give them a try and I had to take about 1/8" off the heel area.

There is about a 1/8" "rim" all around on mine. I figured to leave it there, since I can't feel it and because Refton fitted them to the skates. I should mention that after he fit them he baked the skates (Grafs) and then we did a normal bake fitting.

It may be that rim is normal. I thought it might be there because I'm a 46 and he only had 48s on hand, so that is what he used.

Another thing I noticed from a previous thread: the beds fit very snug. It is really difficult to remove them with just your fingers. I see why some people were talking about using flat screw drivers, etc. Personally, I think I might glue or tape a piece of ribbon to the bottom of each, just to have a sort of pull tab. Actually, Footbalance should add this as a feature.

So, do the Footbalance custom beds work?

Tonight I had my power skating class. I arrived a little late and had to dress fast. What's more, one of my lace ends got broken at Majer, so I had re-laced with a new pair, but never worked them tight. So I went onto the ice with pretty loose skates, tied at the second last holes.

The difference was noticeable right off. They felt like different skates. I had the kind of edge control I always wanted (allowing for my own limitations, which are extensive).

All the drills felt better. I was probably grinning like a fool. Good thing I was wearing the cage.

After class she let us stay on and I played around. I was able to glide for miles standing on one foot (either one). I could not do this with the Superfeet--there was just too big of a disconnect between bottom of foot and the footbed.

Cornering felt way better. I simply felt the edges like never before.

So over all I am highly pleased. Likely the best $60 I'll ever spend on hockey/skating.

Now if I can only break in my Grafs. Am wondering if I won't in fact break before they do....