Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Vegas!

Too many people are trying to make the jump with "me too" product and no real ideas of their own. It's hard to justify the $50k fee to the NHL plus the cost of trying to fit an NHL player into your gear, and that's assuming you don't have to pay him to use it. Unless you have deep pockets going in to the NHL market, you need some serious cash flow from existing sales to compensate for those costs. How many startups with borrowed money have we all seen fail over the years?

As for slow growth, I should rephrase that. I think you have to pick the right time to try and step up and that often means having patience. Right now, there is a huge void left in the second tier of the industry. With Mission/Itech and TPS going by the wayside, there are a lot of dealers with money to spend on a different brand. Obviously Sherwood is a candidate to assume some of that, but there is still some left for another brand or two to step up and pick up some of that market share.

Since we're past the show, I'm going to relocate the topic to the General hockey forum.