Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Vegas!

Just looking through my notes and forgot one other thing that will interest a lot of people here. Zoombang has a product in development that wraps around your skate to pad your foot. If covers the sides and top and appears to be very secure. For those that have been looking for added foot protection, this looks like a no-brainer.

Yep.

It is made out of skate laces.

I have one also, 4 laces tall, right? my teach said it wasnt a belt wwhen my teammates wear tackla belts to school

Yeah, they're like $10 or so, come in White, Black, and Yellow. First saw em this last Summer. What sizes do they come in? I didn't take a closer look. Are they actual Belt sizes or lace sizes like 72, 96,108? lol And how are they bonded together?

Just looking through my notes and forgot one other thing that will interest a lot of people here. Zoombang has a product in development that wraps around your skate to pad your foot. If covers the sides and top and appears to be very secure. For those that have been looking for added foot protection, this looks like a no-brainer.

How much compared to those ones you see pros wearing? Or are they still in the R&D phase?

How much compared to those ones you see pros wearing? Or are they still in the R&D phase?

They said there will probably be two versions. The prototype had their material, a plastic piece on top and covered in ballistic nylon. I believe he said they were going to have a carbon version as well, but I could be wrong. These covered most of the boot, much more coverage than any pro model I've seen.

Yeah, they're like $10 or so, come in White, Black, and Yellow. First saw em this last Summer. What sizes do they come in? I didn't take a closer look. Are they actual Belt sizes or lace sizes like 72, 96,108? lol And how are they bonded together?

Actually the one I have, I believe it is $35 or so. It's an universal size - you cut to fit. At longest length, it's a 42".

http://hockeylacebelt.com/

Actually the one I have, I believe it is $35 or so. It's an universal size - you cut to fit. At longest length, it's a 42".

http://hockeylacebelt.com/

One of those with an MSH buckle would be awesome. How 'bout a SMU?

Good call on the belt - I won one in the drawing they had. LOL

Nice! I won mine throwing the ball through the middle of a roll of hockey tape.

The good - not much, but a few gems out there. Liked the Warrior Projekt protective - the Zote foam is neat

Which of Zotefoams are they using? Apparently they weren't using typical Plastazote foams in their goalie line either.

Not to go on anything not already said, but had the same feelings of the show as everyone else ( in my one day there that is)

More companies there then I though would be, but Easton not going hurts the show a little I think. Even though there were more booths and people there, I just didn't walk away with any buzz about any product or anything. Granted I see most of the Easton/CCM RBK/ Bauer stuff before the show, but usually there is something at every show that jumps out at me such as a KOR skate or FBV and such. Didn't seem to have that wow product this year.

Now if only the show would move to say November maybe we can get the buzz back into it.

Now if only the show would move to say November maybe we can get the buzz back into it.

I've been saying between thanksgiving and christmas would be a good time for a couple years now. The problem with that is that I think you're going to see release dates continue to creep forward year after year. Eventually, even that will be too late.

I've been saying between thanksgiving and christmas would be a good time for a couple years now. The problem with that is that I think you're going to see release dates continue to creep forward year after year. Eventually, even that will be too late.

Nice to meet you Chadd and the Chocolate Guy....It's Darren from Brooklynite, Chadd, you spent some quality time over there with us, not sure if it was the models or the sticks that kept you coming back....LOL

How could you guys come all the way to Vegas and not come by for a newer lollipop...Actually sorry I just missed you at the show...We may not be RBK, but we still are the "sweetest" booth at LPH...

You guys were in a tough spot on the outside wall and I don't eat a lot of chocolate. I saw you guys, sorry I didn't stop.

Nice to meet you Chadd and the Chocolate Guy....It's Darren from Brooklynite, Chadd, you spent some quality time over there with us, not sure if it was the models or the sticks that kept you coming back....LOL

I like the flow gloves and the sticks look great. The graphics on the marksman is really clean and simple, much better to my eye than a lot of the other new stuff on the market.

How could you guys come all the way to Vegas and not come by for a newer lollipop...Actually sorry I just missed you at the show...We may not be RBK, but we still are the "sweetest" booth at LPH...

I didn't see you!!!

Drew and I should've gotten a new picture! I apologize!

For me, it was my first show and was alot of fun. The Detroit Revolution probably benifited out of talking to RBK, Brooklynite and Combat Sports. Hopefully we can get something going with one of them.

Just a few of my thoughts:

I would agree that the show didn't produce anythign truely innovative or spectacular...no "Wow!" product. For me, this was my first show besides the small public only show at Cobo in Michigan. (Onegoal)

Combat (Ballistik) has always been my number one favorite stick brand in the market. Problem was it was never marketed correctly in our areas and in our region (Michigan). The 52 Cal which is the highest end stick ended up being around 289.99 online to purchase. They've moved it to a better $199.99, and the small improvements to a already great stick should help Combat with business.

I forget exactly what it's called, but did everyone do the stickhandling pad with the led lights? Thought it was a blast, but it also destroyed every ounce of confidence i had in my stickhandling skills. A great product that would be great to have at home.

The Hejduk visors were a cool thing to run across, and something i'm definitely going to look into. I love the fact that they are priced reasonably, and also can be bought with a kit that includes the hardware, spacers, and visor spray, or bought with just the visor alone for cost. Visors looked like a quality product with lots of cuts and options available. This should be a successful sell for any proshop.

What'd everyone think of that Salming Stick? I think it was the NXT...the one with the offset type taper. Very strange to me.

Also second Chad on the BattleAxe "coming soon" stuff...they have some great stuff coming. The BX-10 Glove was one of the most impressive gloves i've ever seen for $119.99. It was basically a semi-traditional 4 roll with a cuff like Eagle gloves. Very impressive for the price.

Just my thoughts! It was good to See JR and Drew again, minus the fact that we all lost about $100 in about 5 minutes on Roulette.

So the Hejduk visors are coming to the US. They are very nice. I´ve been using a tinted one fore outdoor rollerhockey for years and it holes up great. The tinted ones are darker them Oakley but the price is better.

I actually had a bag of chocolate ready for guys and everything...Made me feel like the Duke's with their OJ....lol, jk. Anyway, was a bad spot and a not so great show for us it seems...Plus, I just found out they forgot us in the show guide...

TURN-ONS:

*DR's new "high-end" goal equipment (can only hope the production product is as good as the samples)

*Salming Goalie Bag on wheels

[snip]

I'm sure I'll add more later

Please do!

SubliTWILL Posted Today, 11:00 AM

*Use of Tufftek in both high-end and low-end gloves like never before

Can you elborate on this? Why is that a turn-off or a bad thing?

You guys were in a tough spot on the outside wall and I don't eat a lot of chocolate. I saw you guys, sorry I didn't stop.

I like the flow gloves and the sticks look great. The graphics on the marksman is really clean and simple, much better to my eye than a lot of the other new stuff on the market.

Yea, we've made some revisions over time to the graphics and realized that the clean simple look is not only more visibly pleasing to most people, it's also easier to see on TV ;-). We are also open to suggestions on how to improve products. By listening to the community that use the product, we can make them better.